HPI RS4 3 EVO with t-15 engine help advice needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello good news they accepted the £90 offer then £10 postage £100 all in. So least I've got a decent rc car to start of with now.:D

Last edited:
looking at the pics you posted pete, no, it is not belt drive but "shaft" drive.

A lot better and way less hassle.

If the engine gives you any trouble, let us know and we'll be happy to walk ya through the basics and get you going. It may just fire right up and be fairly tuned in. It looks like it was well taken care of. Do a radio check first before even attempting to start it. Make sure the throttle is opening and closing all the way and that the breaks work. Test the range of the system also.

If the engine gives you any trouble, let us know and we'll be happy to walk ya through the basics and get you going. It may just fire right up and be fairly tuned in. It looks like it was well taken care of. Do a radio check first before even attempting to start it. Make sure the throttle is opening and closing all the way and that the breaks work. Test the range of the system also.

Thanks for that will do. Do you know if that receiver a 2.4ghz kind?

Might change the engine once I know these rc cars better. At the moment just getting used to owning one for now and messing about with them.

Thanks for the link. It my model belt driven?

looking at the pics you posted pete, no, it is not belt drive but "shaft" drive.

A lot better and way less hassle.

ERRRRRR. . .you beat me to it. . .i have the exact same model pete and it is in fact shaft driven. . .i ditched the .15 on mine cuz when i got it. . .well it was blown. . .but i have yet to run it with the .18 or even at all for that matter. . .

ERRRRRR. . .you beat me to it. . .i have the exact same model pete and it is in fact shaft driven. . .i ditched the .15 on mine cuz when i got it. . .well it was blown. . .but i have yet to run it with the .18 or even at all for that matter. . .

You have the same model nice one.:D

How much did the 18 engine cost you?:)

Hello got the car today started up fine no problem. untill I couldn't find were to switch the dam engine off lol.

Found a switch on the receiver thank god. Anyway when the car running if you lift it of the floor the wheels go around?

Other thing the car moves when its parked up?

So just need to know how to keep the car still. Also is there anther place apart from the remote where you can switch the engine off?

Its fast as hell didn't relise the speed of the dam thing bloody hell lol.

thanks

You shut nitro engines off by either pinching the fuel line or plugging the exhaust. You may just have the idle turned up too high. If your tires spin when you try to start the car, it's most likely a clutch problem. The spring that holds the shoes disengaged can break, causing the clutch to stay engaged. Glad to hear you got it going. Let us know if lowering the idle doesn't help your problem. We'll walk you through what to do next.

You shut nitro engines off by either pinching the fuel line or plugging the exhaust. You may just have the idle turned up too high. If your tires spin when you try to start the car, it's most likely a clutch problem. The spring that holds the shoes disengaged can break, causing the clutch to stay engaged. Glad to hear you got it going. Let us know if lowering the idle doesn't help your problem. We'll walk you through what to do next.

Hiya thanks for that information. I've seen the idle ajuster for the carb so I just need to ajust that I was thinking that. But just wanted to make sure so I do things right.

You have the same model nice one.:D

How much did the 18 engine cost you?:)

yeah i got the same one. . .its in pieces right now cuz i needed a new carb. . .
but the new engine costed me 65 bucks right through HPI, it was with there engine exchange

Hiya I've noticed its fitted with a hpi fail safe. Is there away to set these up corectly?

When I switch on the car the red light goes on it. Then switch the reciever on the green light comes on. So that part working with the lights from what I can see.:D

yeah i got the same one. . .its in pieces right now cuz i needed a new carb. . .
but the new engine costed me 65 bucks right through HPI, it was with there engine exchange

Hiya I dout I be changing my engine for along time the car to fast for me at the moment lol:D

Will see how I get on its all new at the moment and just getting used to the speed of the thing. Also remember there no reverse on this one I take it?

Keep a temp gun in mind too, Welshy. That way you can monitor the engine temp, and shut down if it gets hot. Always put your piston at bottom dead center immediately after shutting the engine off. Just rotate the fly wheel until your at the loosest spot. The failsafes I've used all had a setup button. Turn the radio system on. Hold the button for a couple of seconds, then set the controls(most like to set them with a moderate amount of brake and the wheels straight) in the position you want them to go to if the fs takes over. Release the button on the fs while holding your position on the controller. If you lose signal or the battery gets low, the car will go to your settings and not just run away from ya.

if you turned off the controller and the engine stoped and the breakes engadge the failsafe is working