HPI RS4 3 EVO with t-15 engine help advice needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welshy_Pete

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hello I've seen a rc car HPI RS4 3 EVO with t-15 engine for sale. I dont own a rc car yet havn't had one before either. So want some advice and help of some experts and people who know about these cars if there worth buying or not for me being new to rc.

Here the details
HPI RS4 THE CAR IS VERY FAST WITH A NITRO STAR T-15 ENGINE 2 SPEED I HAVE SPENT LOADS ON THE CAR AS I HAVE CHANGED SOME OF THE PARTS TO ALLOY UPGRADES doesn't AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF THE CAR I AM SELLING WITH ALL THE SPARES THAT ARE IN THE PICTURE ALSO INCLUDED A GLOW PLUG THE CAR HAS GOT 2 BRAND NEW SHELLS NEVER BEEN USED ON THE CAR JUST HAD THE HOLES CUT FOR SHOW PURPOSES ALSO THE WHEELS ARE NEW THAT ARE ON THE CAR 5 SPOKE CHROME DRIFT TYRES THE CAR COST ME £224 AND WITH THE ALLOY UPGRADES I HAVE PUT ON IT IT ALL ADDS UP BUT I HAVE TO SELL DUE TO MY GIRLFRIEND HAVING A BABY AND NOT GOT TIME FOR THE CAR ANYMORE SO I THOUGHT SOMEONE ELSE CAN HAVE SOME FUN WITH THE CAR NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE CAR IT HAS BEEN SERVICED THRU LOCAL MODEL SHOP ALSO IN THE SPARES THERE IS A BRAND NEW CLUTH IN THE PACKET,AIRFILTER SPONGE AND THE PLASTICS THAT I HAVE CHANGED OVER TO ALLOY AND THERE ARE SOME OTHER PLASTICS PARTS SEE THE PICTURES.ALSO COMES WITH THE ORIGINAL BOX AND BOOKLET WITH IT,also got brand new carb still in packet

Are these cars any good?

What speed will this car do?

Also are the spares easy enough to get hold of?

Price wise there looking for around £90 to £110?

Firstly,

Alloy upgrades DO NOT neccesarily make a "Rig" stronger, but more susceptible to damage (I.E alloy suspension arms) so where alloy "Upgrade" parts are concerned caution is the watch word.

The RS4 3 Evo is a good rig, and fast with it if tuned correctly.

Have you got a link to the ad/auction ? We could give a lil' more input then

wow price sound good
the t 15 engine from my expereance is once the engine is old and depending weather it has been thrashed or not the engine is very hard to tune but this is just my experiance so wait and see if anyone els has had a differant experiance and speres should be easy to get hold of

Firstly,

Alloy upgrades DO NOT neccesarily make a "Rig" stronger, but more susceptible to damage (I.E alloy suspension arms) so where alloy "Upgrade" parts are concerned caution is the watch word.

The RS4 3 Evo is a good rig, and fast with it if tuned correctly.

Have you got a link to the ad/auction ? We could give a lil' more input then

Thats all the details of the advert which I copyed and pasted. But here is the pictures of the rc car for sale.

rs41.jpg

rs42.jpg

lol a mate of mine had that car and he wright it off so i nicked his tank mine leaked slightly and thats when i relised the pressure pipe was in a differant place and i had to buy some more tubing :)

He had the same car or own this same car as shown lol?

Last edited:
the same modle of car not this actual car we striped it all down me and a load of mates i also got a clutch and the engine:)

the same modle of car not this actual car we striped it all down me and a load of mates i also got a clutch and the engine:)

I was thinking then this car was a write off lol:hehe:

Must have cost loads to re build it all like new lol:hehe:

lol how do you get the laghting smilys and so on :) only one i know how to do

Depending on price I would say go fir it. Just hope and pray that alloy is not "integy" ("intergarbage")

Looks well looked after though.......................

that's generally only in "advanced" reply mode.

a smiley face = : ) without the spaces

a laughing face = : hehe : without the faces

A raspberry tongue = : P : without the spaces.

WELSHY...........whats the price on the RS4 ??

that's generally only in "advanced" reply mode.

a smiley face = : ) without the spaces

a laughing face = : hehe : without the faces

A raspberry tongue = : P : without the spaces.

WELSHY...........whats the price on the RS4 ??

The car was going for £150 buy it now or bid £100.

Now its buy it now £120 or make an offer

GRAB IT !!!!!

Thats too cheap to pass up !!

The alloy upgrades could have cost that amount easily, maybe more.

Last edited:
thanks for the smily thing thunder t and welshy pete go for it

well done have you had that warm sensation that youve just bort a nitro car yet:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D