HPI Nitro RS4 restoration!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
53613165-0848-45F7-A75A-3033597A663A.jpeg

I got an HPI RS4 from my uncle and I’m gonna be restoring it! The chassis is bent and needs to be straightened, the cooling head broke, and the engine is seized!

Nice ride. This car does have chassis parts on ebay. I've seen square older cooling heads, not the newer ones. The body mounts may be hard to find.

I can't find any gas tanks, if you do, make sure its a left. The shafts are right.

I still run my big block rs4, have had no problem getting parts at any of the local hobby stores, you might have to wait a bit for certain things but HPI still manufactures for the rs4

Nice, good luck with the resto, love seeing these old nitros fixed back up. I still have 2 RS4s myself, a RS4 3rtr, and a RS4 3 evo. I love them. I helped my cousin completely redo his RS4 2 about 10 years ago.

that is the original release
Nice ride. This car does have chassis parts on ebay. I've seen square older cooling heads, not the newer ones. The body mounts may be hard to find.

I can't find any gas tanks, if you do, make sure its a left. The shafts are right.
Chub, what are you needing a fuel tank for? I used to be the one they contact when someone cannot locate a part lol. maybe i can help

Man that was my first nitro on road I still have it maybe I will restore mine too. Those were the days before gps and steel belted tires ! Mine was so fast with a trx 3.3 it would blow the tires off the rims ! I feel like getting mine out now Good luck with the resto !

I don't care much for nitro but I do have a couple I need to get out and run. I prefer 1/5 scale gas rigs.

damn i need that m16

got a new one minus head, starter, for years

sweet! I have a later model that I just picked it in December. mine hasn't run since because I cannot find a fuel tank for it. mine is cracked.

sweet! I have a later model that I just picked it in December. mine hasn't run since because I cannot find a fuel tank for it. mine is cracked.
Same here. I need 2 rights for a 3 evo. I'm about to make buy random tanks and drill the chassis.

I restored a 15year old HPI Lighting 2 recently and it has supprised me how well it still runs, been great fun and hope you get yours all running again

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_002128.jpg
    IMG_20220318_002128.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 33