HPI Ford Bronco Body Paint Disaster

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwe33

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to paint this Ford Bronco body from HPI. I tried it, but with mixed results. Tell me what you think. Please find link to the painting video:

GOPR0161.JPG
GOPR0173.JPG
GOPR0173.JPG
GOPR0173.JPG
GOPR0173.JPG
GOPR0159.JPG

What colour are you repainting too? You'll have to ask other members like @Rolex for specific painting advice since I have very little experience in painting RC's. However, I do know that you use thin, even coats.

That body looks great ,an its not a total disaster ,may have some bleed out on the chrome areas ,
but you did a great job ,love the body.
Did an awesome job on making that video as well!:thumbs-up:

I like that style of Bronco body and ran one for a while on my SCX-10 before the current Jeep body. I almost always mask and tape to paint the lighter colors first, then dark colors and finally any chrome. I usually braze the edges of the masking tape (run it down really well with the blunt-end of an Exacto knife).

Looks great to me, I don't understand the issue here so I gotta give you a thumbs down for unnecessary sniveling.o_O

Last edited:
I like that style of Bronco body and ran one for a while on my SCX-10 before the current Jeep body. I almost always mask and tape to paint the lighter colors first, then dark colors and finally any chrome. I usually braze the edges of the masking tape (run it down really well with the blunt-end of an Exacto knife).
I started with the red then the silver then the black. I didn't read the instructions and mask off the front grill and paint it silver. Instead I painted over the grill and put the decal on the silver.

When I paint a lid, I always have complaints about certain aspects of the paint job.

Back