HPI Brama 10B RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took look at it and decided it wouldn't tolerate having a brushless power plant so I decided not to. If they toughen it up so it'll take a Flux Warp then it'd be a much cooler respect for me, I started out on a 4WD Manta Ray Which is very much the same sorta thing, so it'd be cool.

$150 from a reputable r/c manufacturer is sure to be a hit. They'll sell millions of these things.

I thought it was 169.00 from tower, but still..looks awesome

Tower's normal $20 coupon off $150 purchase makes it $149.

I think I will order one for my daughter since she recently toasted her micro-T. Of course Dad will be doing lots of testing.

I don't see anything off the bat which would make it blow up with a mild brushless set-up (~4600KV on 2S).

The Flux Warp is 5700kV 2S only, might be a bit sharp for that low-cost gearbox.

What gearbox do you speak of? It uses metal geared diffs and shaft drive.

that sounds like a challange sweet..

project "bullet brama"

or maybe "brama bull"??

Do you have any pics of what's in the gearbox? I'm genuinely excited if the gearboxes are both all metal and the driveshaft is good and rigid (won't go banana shaped like the TA-01)

lol no one likes my thread :( tear...

I did not see your thread.

Do you have any pics of what's in the gearbox? I'm genuinely excited if the gearboxes are both all metal and the driveshaft is good and rigid (won't go banana shaped like the TA-01)

The manual can be found on the hpi link. You can see the exploded view of the diffs and shaft drive. If you look up the part number for the spider gears you will see they are made of metal. Also, there is an optional center shaft that is aluminum.

Okay, some vids of this thing in action other than HPIs edited version... honestly, I prefer spending the extra $40 to get a Slash but that's just me. ;) :hehe:

Last edited by a moderator: