HPI Blitz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtboogie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone running this rig? I have heard it is a lower end one and I know it comes in only 2wd and brushed but I was considering getting one because the price isn't too bad.

I had one for my son, it wasn't too bad. He wanted a XXX-SCT though, so we got rid of it. I don't think I've seen a Blitz win a race. Seems like a good basher though.

Winning Blitz trucks

Blitz trucks win races. Where have you been?

I have seen one first hand, they bash well but can't take the corners like my XXX-SCT could and had alot less mobility it seemed.

I have seen one first hand, they bash well but can't take the corners like my XXX-SCT could and had alot less mobility it seemed.

The XXX-SCT definitely corners better. When my kid traded the Blitz for the SCT, we were fighting to get the Blitz to race good. Even getting setups from some of the guys who used to race them good. When he got the XXX, he added a lap right from the start.

I got mine used on a trade and friend the motor first run, not sure if it was abused or it was just its time, so I did brushless right after that so I really couldnt tell you on that one.

BUT on brushlass I could do wheelies at almost any speed

You'll want to change the ESC/motor as soon as you can. The brushed motor is fine, as long as you do a break-in, and keep it clean.

That being said, I wouldn't run anything bigger than a 30c 2s lipo on it. From what I've seen and read, the ones that are blowing up or failing are the ones that are having too much power pumped into them.

Back