HPI Blitz with SC10 body and wheels?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nissan7

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi I'm looking to buy a Hpi Blitz truck but was wandering will SC10 wheels an tires work on the Blitz? do u think that an sc10 body will work on Blitz? i just like the looks of them
:confused:
i like the Blitz alot i am not goin to be really racing so whats better the Blitz or Sc10

The sc10 wheels use bearings up front and pin drive in the rear, as the blitz uses a 12mm hex on all wheels. I don't know about the body, but the blitz looks wider.

If your not going to race, either will work. You mat even want to consider finding a parts truck and building it how you want from there. This way it would be cheaper and you could add in whatever aftermarket parts you may want. Now sc10 wheels are easy to come by, at least where I live. I'm close to Knoxville tn. There's two hobbyatores that stock the wheels. Then you could mount up any tires u wish.

thanks for the advice i live near johnson city tn and there is only 1 hobby shop they are more into mini's right now....i think i might check out ebay

The SC10 body will fit, but as TAC said- the Blitz body is nicer looking. Also, the angled, "nose down" design of the front end helps the trucks to jump more level.

As for wheel options, the Blitz uses the same offset on all four corners. This offset is the same as 2WD rear Slash wheels as well as 4WD Slash F/R. If I'm not mistaken, the new Kyosho truck will use the same offset as well, allowing more wheel options yet. Personally, I would use either J Concepts or Pro-Line wheels. They are made without the "step-down" from the inside to the outside of the wheel, allowing the foam to be more consistent inside the tire.

From what I have seen, the Blitz is slightly tougher than the SC10. My SC10 held up very nicely when I raced it though. Both are solid trucks, you will be happy with either one. If you only have one LHS, I would buy whichever one you can find parts easier for.

i think the blitz wheels look great, why would you switch? any particular reason?

i like the blitz wheels i just like all the short course trucks and there wheels

Back