HPI Baja 5SC Short Course Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/105231/

I'm all over the rear bumper setup for my 5T. Body looks sweet.

004_bg.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

I'm liking that the best so far.

I absolutely love big scale. Stop tempting me. This one would NOT sit on a shelf.

Now why do you feel the need to lie to us? Or is it because you don't have a shelf big enough?

People have been asking for a wider body for the T for a while and HPI finally answered. Pretty sweet looking. I wish they would do it as a kit like the 5BSS.

I can't wait for them to put out a 4x4. It is only a matter of time really. I like it...good looking rig.

Looks like HPI is taken a page from Traxxas textbook - take an already existing chassis, throw a new body on it and then call it a new R/C. Which is exactly what they done with the Baja 5SC.

I look forward to seeing manufactures put out new R/C's - not just ones with new bodies. In this case maybe a 4WD large scale like we've been asking for years since the original Baja 5B came out.

Funny, one of the cheapest, crapiest companies like red cat has already made a 4x4 gas truck that's almost 1/5 scale. There's a high dollar German company ( can't remember the name) has been making 4x4 gas powered 1/5 scale RC's. HPI, never. I honestly would be shocked if they do. It's got to be the most feesable 1/5 2 wheel drive gassers on the market for the quality. I would love to see them make one thats 4x4 but I'm not holding my breath.

How many of you would pay $1500 or so for an HPI 4wd 5th scale?

How many of you would pay $1500 or so for an HPI 4wd 5th scale?

If it came from HPI, then I would for sure. I've eyed the MCD 4x4 monster truck for sometime which is right around that price range but have a hard time doing so for a truck that doesn't offer many aftermarket options or even standard parts support like my HPI Baja SS does.

same here. i'd sell off the rest of the small scale stuff to help fund a 4x4 5th scale from hpi.

I would not be one of those in line.

I love running the Baja's, but I don't see the fun factor going up just because of 4WD. All I see is additional cost and maintenance.

I guess I just feel that way because I started the hobby with a 2wd and the handling is horrid for a general basher that just wants to grip and rip. 2wd forces you to be a better driver... but 4wd just helps with stopping and general handling so much that it would make a HPI 1/5th scale that much more appealing to me.

RCS racing makes a King Motor version in Colorado, It is belt driven which looks kinda scary to me but I have two friends that have the 2wd 5t/T1000's and they love them,

Attachments

• T2000%2010.jpg
    T2000%2010.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a sweet truck! Do we know what the price range is on it because for them to throw on a different body onto a 5T with a few new parts is kinda boring to me.. Still looks pretty sweet though!

Back