HPI 1/8 Hellfire or OFNA 1/8 Hyper ST

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1NitroDude

Hey guys, I just want to know if the HPI Hellfire is considered a truggy like the OFNA Hyper ST? I am thinking of purchasing one of these two trucks, but I am undecided. Both of these are RTR. Which do you think I should purchase and why?

If it were me I would get the Hellfire any day of the week and twice on Sundays. You will have a better chance of getting HPI parts at your LHS and the design is tried and true--most call it a monster, as does HPI. The Hyper ST is a truggy but it just looks wimpy compared to the Hellfire--I still think it is a re-designed buggy despite what OFNA says...

HPI makes a four wheel stadium that I consider a truggy and it's called the Nitro MT2.

Last edited:
hellfire hands down. like rc said your lhs should have parts for it in stock. go on youtube and look them up there. you can see them in action there.

i would go for the hellfire because like they said your lhs should have parts for it in stock and i have always liked hpi over ofna i dunno why

The Hyper is a way better truggy. You put the two trucks on a racetrack and the Hyper will kill the Hellfire. Ofna/Hobao parts are readily available at most hobby shops and there is plenty of online support as well.
I own both an Ofna truggy and a Savage. Ofna has much better customer support. HPI has been terrible every time I called them.
Go to a race, I highly doubt you will see a Hellfire on a track. I never have.
Don't get me wrong, the Hellfire is a good basher. It's a good truck, but it is not half the racer that the Hyper ST is.
I have seen a couple out of the box Hyper ST's run competitively at club races and take a beating without breaking.
So if you plan on racing, get the Hyper. If you just want a cool truck to play with, the Hellfire will be great.
FYI Ofna is now selling a RTR Jammin X2. One of the best truggies on the market, arguably the best.
It's better than both the above choices and should be in the same price range.

the hellfire would be more durable, also you wouldn't have problems finding parts for it

hellfire is nasty on the track i drove sevral rigs before buying, and now that I'm fully dead set on a revo id say hellfire is a hot 2nd for me

Back