How to upgrade am radio system

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billyg123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I am new to nitro rc's. I have and older nitro truck that has an am receiver and a 4 AA battery pack and a failsafe . I did not get a transmitter with the rc. I want to put a new 2.4ghz system in the truck. However the receiver I have has a marked (Batt) input and 1-4 channel inputs. I'm not sure what system to buy that will have the (Batt) input that I would need .

any unused 2,4 rx slot can power your rx… not many brands have a designated rx bat slot.. some have bind/bat slots.

The system you buy will have the matching receiver with it. You can NOT get an AM Rx to work with any other type of radio or even an AM radio that's using a different channel. Look into Flysky 2.4 gHz radios on ebay if you're on a limited budget. Good computer radios at low prices. You might also consider a 5 cell rechargeable 'hump pack' battery. That's pretty much what everyone does for the first upgrade.
If you're looking for something else, let us know.