how to tune and worries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfa-nitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi
i know the aim with nitro's the more you spend the better but... i dont have a right lot of money at the minute 50quid or so...
but I've had bad experiences with 2 NEW nitro's colt st16 nitro truck and a thunder tiger
and well.. I'm looking to buy one off ebay for little money so i know if it knacks up then i wont be as cheesed off.... so heres my worries....

if the idle is really high what can i do to lower it as i dont know lots about them i know how to adjust the high and low and idle etc its just if the idle is too high is there any chance of it bursting into flames or blowing up?.
the cars I'm looking at are the hpi and possibly thunder tiger and also is it ok to buy from nitrotek? as it seems too good to be true.

rob:D

First of all don't buy from nitrotek. They sell cheap knockoff RCs that are utter TRASH!

To lower you're idle just turn the idle needle counter clockwise.

Unless it is a two needle carb! If that is the case then the LSN acts as the idle circuit as well...