How to tell if my batteries or my motor is bad.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romeo_1984

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
this is my first post in a LOOOONG time like 2 years or more. anyway I'm sorry if this has been asked before but i just got an electric buggy (not sure what it is) in a trade i put batteries in the remote and the wheels started spinning fast. i adjusted the throttle trim and the steering trim set it on the ground and it refused to move picked it back up and still no wheel movement. the steering works and esc engages (light turns green). according to the battery charger the battery is full so i have no idea whats wrong. this is my first electric rc so I'm an electric noob. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
what voltage does your battery read on a volt checker or a multimeter? What kind of battery is it and how many cells? Have you calibrated the ESC with your Transmitter?

it reads 8.4v without any load. not sure under load. its a 3000 mah nimh 6 cell battery. how do you calibrate the esc? i got it in a trade and i havent ever owned a electric rc b4 only nitro.

It was the battery. Went to local hobby store and grabbed a new battery and its runs great. Rear wheels seem to be loose but the nut is tight.

Last edited:
Back