How to sink a aircraft carrier...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty neat. Wonder how deep it went. That would make for a pretty cool SCUBA destination.

What a ride that would have been to be in the boat that was on the deck. I wonder what that was all about? I wonder if it was a movie company doing so filming for an upcoming movie?

Edit:
It helps to read the article..... O-Well

It sank about 150'. They say you can SCUBA to the tower/deck with a recreation certificate, but need your mixed air cert. to get deeper.

I'd love to dive the site!

Could you imagine the speed you could get a 1/8th buggy going!! Have a nice size jump at the end so you can't miss. Now that would sweet to see!

olds97_lss said:
So I guess a sinking ship doesn't cause much suction... Mythbusters was right!

Cool pic sequence.
I was thinking the same thing about myth busters!!

Those are some good pictures. Very cool.

the suction effect is from displacement (obviously)...if the hull had been open on top the ship will create a short burst of pull.....depends on how big the hull displacement is as to whether it would pull a person down w/ it long enough to drown em (if they don't panic)....I saw myth busters too but I also grew up on boats and my mom and step father ran Sea-Tow Pompano for many years....I've seen quite a few boats go down....

Back