How to Read Glo Plug Numbers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arawak420

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm wondering what the numbers on the packagfes mean. i just bought a MC-9 spark plug and was told it was hotter than a MC-59 plug. what do these numbers mean?

arawak420 said:
I'm wondering what the numbers on the packagfes mean. i just bought a MC-9 spark plug and was told it was hotter than a MC-59 plug. what do these numbers mean?
Think that info is incorrect as the MC-9 is a cold plug and the MC-59 is a hot plug. The MC-9 is intended for mills using fuel with middle to high nitro in it

Last edited:
I don't think there is a real science to glow plug numbers or at least not like reading the numbers on a sparkplug for a 1:1 if that's what you are referring to.

I'm trying to understand what kind of plug to use for warm/cold weather with byrons 20% nitro w/ 16%oil content.

i use mccoy mc-9 plug for that application. i think that the mc-9 is a medium plug, if I'm wrong someone correct me. i have always used mccoy plugs with no problems.

i line in so cal. so i geuss it would be wise to use a cold plug as it is already hitting temps in the 80's off and on.