How To: Ofna 250cc Mid Tank Mod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have the FLM Servo Plate as well and I was wondering about that extra piece you made. If you could draw it up that would be great and also how you mounted it on there as well. Thank you!

-Alex

Ok here is something I drew up. If using the FLM servo plate then it is real easy to do. All you will need is ome 2mm alum(or whatever you want to use) and a set of Hellfire fuel tank mounts from here and some misc. screws/nuts/washers.
http://www.innovative-rc.com/hellfire-fuel-tank-mounts-p-305.html

Now as you can see from the picture, the rear alum plate I made is just a rectangle the width of the servo plate. As for the length I went back to existing holes in the servo plate to atatch it there and the other end hits right against the tranny case. Then drill a hole for the hellfire mount and the rear part is done. Now for the front you have to make a couple cuts due the front bulkhead. So I cut another rectangle piece then notched it for the bulkhead as you can see in the pics and went all the way against the shock tower. Now you don't have to be exactly against the bulkhead or shock tower. You can leave some room for play because you only use the middle part to atacth the hellfire mount. Drill a couple holes and atatch the alum plate. that's basically it for this. Anythin else you need just let me know.

Update: Finally turned the fuel tank around so the fuel pick up is in the rear. Easy to do, just re-drilled to new holes for the hellfire mounts and reassemble. Finished my throttle/brake linkages. Put an JP-4 pipe on using a piece of hanger. Installed a DX3.0 2.4 radio and finally got rid of the long antenna. I truely love this system. Now I can set all my EPA (end point adjustments) for the servos to save the life in them. Installed new dynamite alum shoes with mugen 1.0mm springs and a mugen nut. Installed a new con rod (stcok one had some slop in it) and sealed the back plate and carb all up and used green slime for the needles. And now I think that's it. Thanks for looking. Terry

DSC_0252-1.jpg

DSC_0247-2.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0248-2.jpg

DSC_0251-2.jpg

DSC_0249-1.jpg

I have to say, you guys do some really nice work on your rigs!

Me... I just do what I can to keep it together. Yours look like works of art like Rolex builds, but then you actually run them!

Sorry for being obssessive but would you mind putting dimensions on there for me? Thank you!
-Alex

Sorry for being obssessive but would you mind putting dimensions on there for me? Thank you!
-Alex

Sorry man, been working like crazy. I will have this for you in the morning. I am not leaving work until the am. Terry

Awesome, no rush, I'm waiting on other parts so I'm not in a hurry, so whenever it is good for you is great!

-Alex

Awesome, no rush, I'm waiting on other parts so I'm not in a hurry, so whenever it is good for you is great!

-Alex

Here you go. Hope this helps now. Anything else let me know. Thanks Terry

OfnaPlateMeasurements-1.jpg

Awesome thank you very much!

-Alex

Back