How to increase ground clearance for on road cars??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G35driver

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Thinking about to get a on road touring. But i am concerning about the ground clearance for parking lot surface. So, can i put different shocks or bigger tires to increase it? Or, just buy a buggy and put touring tires? Also, will you recommend the brands like Smartech; Excel; Cen to beginners? Thanks. Are their parts easy to find?

i run an hpi super nitro, and have no clearance problems. just dont drive over grates and potholes. anything with a fully countersunk chassis will be fine. go to your local hobby shop and check to see what brand parts they keep in stock and what car they recommend for you. there are a lot of good cars out there, but no hobbyshop stocks parts for all of them so buy whats available.

You can adjust the height by compressing the shock spring or let them out with the screw setting on the shocks. I would recommend a Associated TC3 or HPI RS4 to start out with. They are both good cars and parts galore.

I Have Multiple Trucks And Just Recently A Few Days Ago Bought My First On Road Car It Is A Tc3+ I Got It Strictly For A Parking Lot/street Basher. The Ground Clearence On It Aint Bad At All, If U Try To Raise It And Take Those Turns How U Would With An On Road I Believe U Might Flip It. I'm Used To Trucks!

basically,,, no you can't increase the ground clearance unless you convert it to a rally car.

Nitro_Freak said:
basically,,, no you can't increase the ground clearance unless you convert it to a rally car.
Sure u can. You adjust the shock to lower or raise the car. If u want to ride through grass, then that is a different issue.

i know that but how much does that actually raise it?? like a mm? i think he was talking about raising the gc to more like 2-3 inches...

Yes, your adjusting a couple Millimeters. But u can adjust it. But u are correct on the rally car for bumpy terrain.

Back