how to increase fuel consumption!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red bob

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
thought i would post this as it may amuse and some might learn from[me]
took the revo and the gsxxx for a run out this morning;the revo has been
in my rc stables for a while now and runs reliably and fast,the gs is new to me and it was its first run in my hands,she was tricky to start and baulked at anything like full throttle;realized i had no carb settings to hand so took a gamble and used my revo settings that i knew by heart;guess what she started first pull and pulled away cleanly, got to the top of the yard 35yds or so and did a full throttle return leg but started to baulk at the end of the run just made it back to my feet and stopped ,took of the body and gasped at the sight of an empty tank!! from full .got home pulled the settings down from the internet ,
2and a half turns out from the stop not 4! just a tadd rich,i had to laugh wont do that again .

Sounds like a you may have a leak in your tank. No nitro should ever burn that much fuel in that short of time.

re consumption

prob is that i bought her secondhand and you never know what the previous owners idea of tuning might be so I'm returning her to fac settings and working out ;she was blowing unburnt fuel out of the exhaust so I'm not surprised shes
heavy on fuel more amazed she ran considering how out of tune she must have been.

Back