How to charge 6 batteries at the same time

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfranko

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have 6 batteries. 1 of them is 2S Lipo and all the others are nimh. Can I buy one charger and charge all these at the same time? Currently I use a cheap wall adapter to charge all of them one by one and it takes ages so I need a solution. Thanks for the help.
0C514468-42BE-4465-899F-573A9B37311A.jpeg

Hey everyone, I have 6 batteries. 1 of them is 2S Lipo and all the others are nimh. Can I buy one charger and charge all these at the same time? Currently I use a cheap wall adapter to charge all of them one by one and it takes ages so I need a solution. Thanks for the help.
View attachment 147641
Welcome to RCT. Yeah but it won't be cheap. They make quad chargers. So you can charge (4) at a time. What are the nimhs for. Any reason for them. Or just what you have. I own a couple chargers the venom quad and a hi tech.. witch together about $4- $450.. i would cheap out on the chargers IMO.. don't need any problems with that lipo...

Welcome to RCT. Yeah but it won't be cheap. They make quad chargers. So you can charge (4) at a time. What are the nimhs for. Any reason for them. Or just what you have. I own a couple chargers the venom quad and a hi tech.. witch together about $4- $450.. i would cheap out on the chargers IMO.. don't need any problems with that lipo...
I just have the nimh's lying around, Quad channel chargers are really expensive. If I get a dual channel charger can I fill up 2 nimh's at the same times quickly? As I said currently I have a cheap wall adapter and it takes ages, the nimh batteries I have already make the car go pretty fast so I don't think I need lipo batteries.
Also, I tried charging my only lipo battery with this but it didn't really charge, am I doing something wrong?
1654516551563.png

I just have the nimh's lying around, Quad channel chargers are really expensive. If I get a dual channel charger can I fill up 2 nimh's at the same times quickly? As I said currently I have a cheap wall adapter and it takes ages, the nimh batteries I have already make the car go pretty fast so I don't think I need lipo batteries.
Also, I tried charging my only lipo battery with this but it didn't really charge, am I doing something wrong?
View attachment 147642
You definitely need a lipo charger. Or your lipo will end up going bad. Those should be balanced charged and at a certain voltage.. you can get a dual if you want. I would charge in series or parallel. Not the safest thing to to
The wall adapter isn't a good to use on your lipo

You definitely need a lipo charger. Or your lipo will end up going bad. Those should be balanced charged and at a certain voltage.. you can get a dual if you want. I would charge in series or parallel. Not the safest thing to to
The wall adapter isn't a good to use on your lipo
An iMax B6 or iMax X100 or B6AC Pro fits in my budget, I don't know which one I should get.

The iMax x100 is $100. Spend a bit more and get a better charger that does 2 packs at once and will be enough power for you down the line to charge a couple 6S packs pretty fast or well matched lipos in parallel.

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=113&product_id=541

I have a few chargers, but if my dynamite 4x100w/4x10A dies on me, I'll be replacing it with a couple of the "DC" only versions of that charger as I have a couple 12V PSU's in the closet. The people that have the AC/DC version really like it though.

DC power is the best way to charge the lipos also..

Back