How rc4wd cheats us

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREEDOM83

RCTalk Champion
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I'm very tired of this brand and its bad work

I open this topic just to make clear what happens with these people .... they filter the comments in their forum and shop and only leave the good comments so their feedback always goes well

If you make a thread with a REAL comment but criticizing them, they decide not to put that thread in their forum, if they make a comment of any of their products in their store, even if it is true what you comment (I have photos of what I criticize) they delete the commentary .

rc4wd by alberto espinosa, en Flickr

I have requested to remove my account and my threads from its painful forum, tired of filters

If you do not want to receive criticism, do your job well, but you do not know who you have encountered, everyone will know about your wrong doing.

I'm sure they have a very dedicated customer base and it just stands to reason if you are tired of their brand and its bad work then wouldn't simply moving on work? I've bought products from other companies with less than perfect results but I certainly wouldn't slam them in another public forum. All due respect and I understand your frustration but just don't use them.

It is by way of information so that people who look at opinions do not create everything they read about them, since they filter and screen comments, and being one of the most expensive brands in the market, they should have better qualities and better to do.
Leaving only good comments is cheating, here and in China.

I mean that's on their forum, so I can kinda see why it happens. It doesn't make it right, but I can see it. I personally feel like good and bad criticism should be allowed. I know if there were major issues with a kit that I bought, and there was a way to find out about that before-hand, then I'd want that opportunity. Kind of like how Amazon reviews work.

So what is your direct issue with rc4wd. I have yet to read a single beef..if you dont like a brand find..I have brands ill never buy again...And how did you get cheated?.. any company I ever dealt with as long as It was within warranty time limits I was covered with new item

Traxxas does the same thing on their forum. It's understandable for both as they are private forums for a company that sells products. I usually just go to those kinds of forums to help if I can, but avoid starting down a negative path because it will get deleted and you will get marks against you or booted if your intent enough on being derogatory.

What kind of issues are you having? I was looking at their smaller crawlers trying to find something to tinker around with in the house when it's cold or cruddy outside. Think I'll likely end up with an axial though.

The specific problems I describe in each thread that I use a product of them, but it is no longer a matter of products alone, that all the kits or rtr bring faults or bad things, if not they still do not correct the faults, without solving them without touching the clients' portfolio and they try to cover it up when you criticize them ...
It is better to know how to lose than not to know how to win

Here is an example, the vanquish thread, I don't know if it is not rc4wd or because I mention them when vanquish fixes the problems and includes the solution in the kit and does not charge it separately, in addition to including details in the assembly instructions

Captura by alberto espinosa, en Flickr

What exactly is this image showing us? Just see that you started a thread about Vanquish that is unapproved.

I'm thinking about getting a bullyII so I would like to hear some of your complaints about the product you are having problems with.
Every kit is just that a kit and the buyer is responsible for making sure it is put together properly. I'm not saying that's the case for you but they have to take calls from people that had no idea how to build a sandwich much less a kit car.

Looking through your RC4WD Blazer thread on here; it seems that you bought a RTR (ready to run) vehicle from them, and not a kit. Then, you started modifying that vehicle with universal parts (meaning those parts can be put on anything, and aren't specific to that vehicle) but weren't happy that those parts might need some minor fitting or modding of the original truck to make them work. That's part of the hobby, and 100% no fault of RC4WD. If I had a dollar for every hour I've spent over the years slowly hand fitting things to different models, I could go out and buy any kit I wanted with that money.

I realize that English is not your native language, but for those of us that English is our native language, it's kind of hard for us to understand your issues in that thread the way that it is worded.

So you took a rtr added all these off brand parts then had issues with rtr model and are now blaming company that dint make or actually approve the added on parts . you have no1 to blame but yourself..

I purchased a set of RC4WD rims and tried mounting a set of Duratrax tires on them but couldn't get the beads to seat. I contacted RC4WD and the only reply I got was their rims only work with their tires. So I bought a set of RC4WD tires and they wouldn't seat either. I'm still kinda' new and this might be my first rodeo and a friend suggested I trim the inside diameter of the RC4WD foams, and that worked. Too bad RC4WD couldn't help. But that's the way it goes.

Looking through your RC4WD Blazer thread on here; it seems that you bought a RTR (ready to run) vehicle from them, and not a kit. Then, you started modifying that vehicle with universal parts (meaning those parts can be put on anything, and aren't specific to that vehicle) but weren't happy that those parts might need some minor fitting or modding of the original truck to make them work. That's part of the hobby, and 100% no fault of RC4WD. If I had a dollar for every hour I've spent over the years slowly hand fitting things to different models, I could go out and buy any kit I wanted with that money.

I realize that English is not your native language, but for those of us that English is our native language, it's kind of hard for us to understand your issues in that thread the way that it is worded.

You see that you don't know. The problem is not the modifications, that has only improved the vehicle. The problem is the failures of the quality system of the brand and the finishes of the parts ... missing screws, badly made holes, threads that are not and more things

So you took a rtr added all these off brand parts then had issues with rtr model and are now blaming company that dint make or actually approve the added on parts . you have no1 to blame but yourself..

As I told the other partner, the problem is that the pieces come with defect, and the kit or rtr as well.

Without the modifications that I have made the vehicle it is better to leave it on the shelf than to take it anywhere.

Back