How is Jenny's RC so cheap??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like JRC for some stuff. I recently bought 2 complete diffs for my outcast for $60. The hobby sites and scamazon wanted over $100 each. Fast shipping too.

They are a kit breaker. They buy an RC, take it apart and sell the parts. Some are worth more than others, and that radio is entry level stuff with no receiver and worth just about that much.
I did buy a radio and receiver (the one that comes with the 3s line) it is $22.97 right now. And that was for both. Sometimes they have just one or the other like I just looked and they have just transmitter for $9.00. And when your main purpose is to race your grandkids you can’t beat the price.lol And yes their service is excellent I got a transmitter once and the on off button was finicky and the sent me a new one right away

Sounds like you got just what you needed. :)
I did buy a radio and receiver (the one that comes with the 3s line) it is $22.97 right now. And that was for both. Sometimes they have just one or the other like I just looked and they have just transmitter for $9.00. And when your main purpose is to race your grandkids you can’t beat the price.lol And yes their service is excellent I got a transmitter once and the on off button was finicky and the sent me a new one right away

I can’t see where their making the profit from at the prices they sell parts for.

Has anyone done the sums and added up all the parts they have from one model and then compared it to buying a full Rc car?

They will have extra fees to pay for each part they sell. Overheads, postal costs, card payment fees etc. It would be interesting to see how much of a mark up their getting from each model.

Has anyone done the sums and added up all the parts they have from one model and then compared it to buying a full Rc car?
I did that once and the only thing I can figure is they have to be buying the kits at wholesale before parting them out. Otherwise theres no profit in it.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but I don’t understand who would sell them the models at wholesale. I can’t see the manufactures giving them an account as the prices there selling the parts at as it will damage the manufactures own spare parts sales. Manufactures usually want their dealers to try and hold the prices up.

A few folk on this thread seem to say that there is decent profit in it. Would be good to know why they think that. Maybe Jenny’s has some sort of deal with a distributor without the manufactures knowing. A middle man in a way.

Yall might want to check your math. I went through 3 vehicles and there's an average of 20% profit on the 3 I checked. And that's buying them at retail on sale. I'm sure Jenny's gets a better deal than we do.

Yall might want to check your math. I went through 3 vehicles and there's an average of 20% profit on the 3 I checked. And that's buying them at retail on sale. I'm sure Jenny's gets a better deal than we do
20% isn’t much when you consider overheads, labour time, eBay/website fees, payment fees or even if the full car would sell. This would all cut in to your 20%. What do you mean ‘at retail on sale’? Do you mean full retail price or a on sale discounted price 👍

What's it take to strip a car? 20 minutes with electric tools if that?

What's it take to strip a car? 20 minutes with electric tools if that?
You have to look at the full process from ordering the car right through to shipping an individual part to a customer. Stripping the car is only one part of that process. They must be getting the cars cheaper from somewhere.

I am kinda thinking they have a small inventory of kits, likely bought during sales. Whenever I setup an email notification, it only takes s couple days sometimes before they come back in stock. Plus I emailed them a couple times, and they already had the doner cars on hand, and just needed to to strip em down and update the site.

Speaking of updating the site, that is another part of the process. It's a bit of work maintaning a web site, especially with ever changing inventory.

I'm pretty sure there's some sort of wizardry going on at Jenny's, I hope they keep the magic flowing. :thumbs-up:

haters GIF

I thought about doing what they do at one time back around 2009/2010. I went through and added up all the parts it takes to build a Savage X SS back when those were the happenin' thing with Savages and it was only like $40 more than buying one at regular price. To me that wasn't worth messing with. Thats why I figured they had to be getting them a wholesale prices somehow. I havent tried to add up everything lately though.

Last edited:
aaah, that is actually smart, and you also have many cars already, that are ready to run, then you have no stress right ?.

Great and cool that you do your cars from scratch. This is abit oldschool feeling almost, back in days when you need build your cars.
My apologies for missing this post bud, some how I skipped right over the top.
Yes, I don't mind building this way at all. When ever I get a few extra bucks then I order something and I've even timed it
"perfect example, my baja 5b build" to get a shipment in every couple of days or so.
I'm just thankful I'm still alive and love the hobby. Of course I have a beautiful understanding wife. ;)

Back