How do you 'slow' a vehicle down?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's correct. There is no way to set up a variable speed circuit for either the speed control or the steering with the stock circuit board and supplied transmitter.
if you really wanted to get in depth with the project, you could remove all the stock electronics except the motor and add in your own small scale brushed esc, and your own receiver/transmitter. imo would be the easiest, most efficient, reliable way to do it.

Yes, slower,at least it won't dump over when turning in forward,and you can slow reverse to a manageable speed, yes , nitpick,I'm s bit Rusty?,I hand built circuits for trains,and other machines 15-20years ago,so bear with me

Yes, slower,at least it won't dump over when turning in forward,and you can slow reverse to a manageable speed, yes , nitpick,I'm s bit Rusty?,I hand built circuits for trains,and other machines 15-20years ago,so bear with me
I'm definitely not experienced in the electronics world but I know enough to get me in trouble lol

Yes you can buy used RC cars cheap ones,and scavenge for parts?ie,Traxxas bandit,I have one,taking parts to make my snow plow work,for tmaxx,in my avatar

Lol,my 1st time tinkering,,,,,10years old,took a can motor probably rated for 50volts and wanted more speed,so I plugged it's bare wires into a wall outlet ???????what a flash that made,my mom came running from next room when she heard it pop??she will never forget the look on my face she said????☠️

That's correct. There is no way to set up a variable speed circuit for either the speed control or the steering with the stock circuit board and supplied transmitter.
@SpikeTop, I was also into slot cars but with those you were able to adjust the voltage going to the track with the hand held controller that was hard wired to your track. Good look with this project, I'll be following the build.
Back in the '60's we had two prongs sticking up from a shelf/board at your station that you alligator clipped your controller to. I couldn't afford a controller so used a 10 penny nail. Full on or full off is all I had. I held the track record with a '66 Ford GT for over a year.

Problem:
All the resisters I'm finding are rated with an Ohm resistance. What's the minimum Ohm I should get? I see them from 1 to many many K.

Problem:
All the resisters I'm finding are rated with an Ohm resistance. What's the minimum Ohm I should get? I see them from 1 to many many K.
Put the truck ona stand and experiment,should be around 100k,you can double them inline with lower rated ones to fine tune,just make sure diode bypasses all in line

Put the truck ona stand and experiment,should be around 100k,you can double them inline with lower rated ones to fine tune,just make sure diode bypasses all in line
If you have a volt ohm meter record volt output of cicuit for reference,hard to say what size because of draw on batteries when running on floor

We had an 8 lane slot car track and got a thumb controlled speed controller when we rented track time. I only remember one guy who had his own controller and it was a pistol grip. Other than the trigger I don't know if there was an advantage. Some of us were very serious about those cars and even stripped out motors to rewind them by hand and epoxy and balance them.

I worked at a place that gave me access to almost anything you can imagine,30foot long high speed slot car track,and 10high speed cars in one week,set up in attic,had to modify pickup shoes to last more than one day,check out my new avatar and pics I posted,,labeled my kids,?

We had the over-under figure 8 track that was about 30 feet end to end, so over 60' per lap, and a LeMans circuit in the back. This was a commercial track outside the post I was stationed at and that's where most of my money went. We even got into building our own chassis out of soldered brass tubing. We had a great work area and anything we needed was in stock there. Foam rubber tires soaked in Oil of Wintergreen was the inside secret to the high speed turns.

My track was also an over-under figure 8 with a drag strip behind the slot car stations. I couldn't keep my dragster on the track... way too fast using that 10 penny nail. LOLOL

Ok, may also need 100 ohm,470ohm also,so you can adjust current flow ,like. I stated without having your project in front of me,I can only direct you.dont know what current is drawing on power source,or how it's affected by each resistor.trial and error. Test leads , alligator clips on each end of a wire can be used so you can temporarily hookup circuit and run is the best way to test affects of circuitry.last pic has break down of color codes,so you can take any resistor and find it's designed resistance,first color band is on the large round part, multiplier color bands are the rest.

Attachments

• 1576071191591753623180.jpg
    1576071191591753623180.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 15760716422641192387643.jpg
    15760716422641192387643.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 1576071669715171301689.jpg
    1576071669715171301689.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 15760720854252380437.jpg
    15760720854252380437.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 51
Last photo is 22 ohm,break it down with code on other photo, to make sure you are decoding it correctly ?