How do you know what to set the spring tension on front and back.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
New to this sport - My front and back springs/shocks on my (Shredder) are adjustable with a threaded nut on top of the shock.
Should both the front and back springs be set to the same spring rate (by measuring the dimensions) or will different spring rates alter the control of the vehicle.

you set them to help your rc go over or rebound from a jump.. I want as many wheels on the ground as I can get.sticking is going, cornering is yet another factor. Sway bars spring rate shock oil toe camber it all adds up to what you want from your rc.

the springs adjustments is primarily to set ride height, like said above, typically set the chassis to be parallel or however you want your weight bias to be adjusted (front down means more weight on the front more cornering, typically over-steer scenarios. lower in the rear keeps the rear wheels down for more grip but takes away from steering, typically you will get under-steer.)
i would try it a few different positions and see how it changes the feel and what you are wanting out of the rig.

you set them to help your rc go over or rebound from a jump.. I want as many wheels on the ground as I can get.sticking is going, cornering is yet another factor. Sway bars spring rate shock oil toe camber it all adds up to what you want from your rc.
Many thanks - your comments point me in the right direction

the springs adjustments is primarily to set ride height, like said above, typically set the chassis to be parallel or however you want your weight bias to be adjusted (front down means more weight on the front more cornering, typically over-steer scenarios. lower in the rear keeps the rear wheels down for more grip but takes away from steering, typically you will get under-steer.)
i would try it a few different positions and see how it changes the feel and what you are wanting out of the rig.
Many thanks - your comments point me in the right direction