How do I give a storage charge to my 22.2V 60C 6000mAh 6S Lipo Batteries?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
I have a: Tenergy TB6-B 1S-6S Digital Battery Pack Charger and my 2S batteries work just fine with this unit to put them into a storage mode, but my 6S Lipo's won't discharge or go into storage mode. I have watched the appropriate YT videos and read the manual but they both keep maintaining the 22.2 volt charge. Must be an operator error going on here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.49.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 2.49.40 PM.png
    124 KB · Views: 186
info on that charger lists a storage charge. so set it to storage charge for 6 cells should give you what you need,or put in charge mode and stop at 22.6volts.3.75volts a cell. and read direction for your charger.

2nd button from far left side. I think pushing it 3 times will bring up storage setting then adjust to 6 cells. This is a 50 watt charger how is it have enough amps to give you a quick charge in 6 cell setting.

I would like to see a vid of you charging at 1c with a 6 cell battery.. thats 6 amps. id say what a max of 1.2 amps?

info on that charger lists a storage charge. so set it to storage charge for 6 cells should give you what you need,or put in charge mode and stop at 22.6volts.3.75volts a cell. and read direction for your charger.
This 6S battery is completely charged, so how do I put it in charge mode and stop at 3.75volts a cell, that's what it's already reading. I need to get it to storage mode.

I would like to see a vid of you charging at 1c with a 6 cell battery.. thats 6 amps. id say what a max of 1.2 amps?
My charger will not go over 1.0 amps so that6 amp thing aint gonna happen. I did watch a video where he said to set it at 2.0 amps but my unit won't go that high.

put it in the model with a battery buzzer then run it till battery buzzer makes noise.. like I said b4 you have a 50 watt charger it wont go above 1 amp..its called Ohms law.. go to either a ohms law site and plug in the #'s it asks for then you have to factor in heat lose and resistance of charging plug wires so on. or you can set that charger up in discharge mode set it to the voltage you want to discharge to and let it do the work it might take hours to discharge that battery with that charger..
Ohms Law Calculator (rapidtables.com)
dl your chargers manual and READ it ...
01435_manual.pdf (tenergy.com)

put it in the model with a battery buzzer then run it till battery buzzer makes noise.. like I said b4 you have a 50 watt charger it wont go above 1 amp..its called Ohms law.. go to either a ohms law site and plug in the #'s it asks for then you have to factor in heat lose and resistance of charging plug wires so on. or you can set that charger up in discharge mode set it to the voltage you want to discharge to and let it do the work it might take hours to discharge that battery with that charger..
Ohms Law Calculator (rapidtables.com)
dl your chargers manual and READ it ...
01435_manual.pdf (tenergy.com)
Thanks TNT, sounds like you know what you are talking about. Thanks.

My 6S Lipo's still will not go into store mode or discharge mode, either battery. Guess I will just run them down and not charge them till I'm ready to run again.

are you sure that charger can handle a 6 cell without a larger supply voltage. I know my 50 watt charger will not do anything with a 4 cell when I supply 12 .5 volts .it does great on 18volts.

are you sure that charger can handle a 6 cell without a larger supply voltage. I know my 50 watt charger will not do anything with a 4 cell when I supply 12 .5 volts .it does great on 18volts.
The discharge power limited max is 5 watts. It charged the 6c fine, I just figured it would discharge them as well. Oh well, when I get rich, I'll buy a real charger - that can handle 6S. Thanks for your help.

I have a: Tenergy TB6-B 1S-6S Digital Battery Pack Charger and my 2S batteries work just fine with this unit to put them into a storage mode, but my 6S Lipo's won't discharge or go into storage mode. I have watched the appropriate YT videos and read the manual but they both keep maintaining the 22.2 volt charge. Must be an operator error going on here.
PROBLEM SOLVED: When in doubt, call the Tenergy Chat Line. They understood my "over voltage" error message immediately. They gave me the correct input variables for a 6S Lipo and Bingo, the battery began discharging down to the storage mode. The unit works perfectly as advertised.

Back