how do i clean fuel filters?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok my fuel filter inside is really dirty and it needs to be clean, whats the best solution of cleaning them? :argue:

get it wet....then blow it out with a compressor (if you have one) in the opposite direction of fuel flow. then let it air dry.

pissant said:
ok my fuel filter inside is really dirty and it needs to be clean, whats the best solution of cleaning them? :argue:
get your fuel bottle and rinse your are filter out with a LITTLE fuel..

Last edited by a moderator:
ok first off.. he is askng about the FUEL filter.. and second it is against rcnt rules to use smileys exesivly in a post..

Hey thunder kitty, ease up with da smileys eh?

YO, PISSANT, cleaning a filter depends entirely on type. Mesh type filters are easy to clean, stone are slightly harder to clean IME. If you can get a replacement, its just as easy and you will also have a spare that you can clean and keep to swap in when your filter becomes clogged again. Kinda makes sense if you think about it.

Last edited:
ok man now YOUR space bar sucks AND you typed all that twice!! lol

Beason, not my pc, so not my problem, its a net cafe pc, so keyboard is totally hammered. My pc is like new. built it myself a while back. loads of dosh too i might add

If its a bronze filter or anything other than plastic or nylon, you can soak the filter in carb cleaner to break down what ever is trapped in it. Then blow it out with an air compressor. Plastic and nylon filters can be cleaned by flushing them in the sink then let it dry before reinstalling it.

if its an in-tank filter, replace the tank. if its an inline filter, take it apart and flush it the opposite direction of fuel flow, with either alcohol or fresh fuel. if that doesn't clean it, replace it.

The fual fitlter that i have you can not clean, you would have to buy a new one, what do you have

i have big daddy one and i gotta replace them