how do I check a batteries voltage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so I have a newb electronics question. how can I / do I check a batteries voltage or capacity?

I was out running my baja this weekend and both a 5k and 4600 mah reciever battery died during the afternoon. I charged both of them in the AM and according to the dynamite charger I used they were fully charged - although i'm not sure the charger didnt false peak. Is there a way I can verify the voltage or total available Mah in a battery? Would a Volt watch do this for me?

For people familar with the hyperion line of chargers, I also have the duo but need to get the correct charge leads. Can some one walk me thru the steps of setting up the to verify the total voltage of a pack and/or available mah in any pack.

thanks
Gabe

so I have a newb electronics question. how can I / do I check a batteries voltage or capacity?

I was out running my baja this weekend and both a 5k and 4600 mah reciever battery died during the afternoon. I charged both of them in the AM and according to the dynamite charger I used they were fully charged - although i'm not sure the charger didnt false peak. Is there a way I can verify the voltage or total available Mah in a battery? Would a Volt watch do this for me?

I suggest you install a volt meter on top of your radio box. At least then you can check it visually every time you refuel.

I use the Killer RC Smart Volt Meter.

Hobbico also has the VoltWatch 2.

I use a Hyperion Sentry as well and love it.

thanks guys...i'll be ordering up the sentry and the killer smart meter.

What model of Dynamite charger? I had lot of false peak problems with my Mega Peak charger and have head several other Dynamites do the same.

Back