How Do I Add Program Icon....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arawak420

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
to the right side of my task bar where the clock is located? i got a soundcard a while back ago and i have to open the volume control on my desktop. I'm running xp if that helps any.

oh, and one more thing how do i create desktop icon and i can drag it down to the left side of the taskbar. :shrug:
thanks

You need to create a shortcut to the desktop. Then just drag it to the taskbar.

If you are going to create a program shortcut, go to the folder where you installed the program (normally it will be C:/Program Files/program_folder_name/file_name.exe). Right click the .exe file. Then select "Send to", and select "Desktop (create shortcut)". The shortcut will be on your desktop. Drag it to anywhere you like.

Hope this helps.

do you just want the volume control down there by the clock??

if so go to your control pannel then go to the sounds and audio devices icon.. on the first tab it should have a box that says place volume icon in the task bar check that .. that should do ya.. on the desktop icon.. go to the program file you want to make.. right click on the program exe file and click send to/ desktop create shotrcut then drag the shortcut on the desktop to the quicklaunch area..

I'm trying to get the actuall "desktop" icon to put on the left side of taskbar. when i have a bunch of windows open and i want to get to my wallpaper/desktop face w/ all the programs i have to right-click on the taskbar and click show desktop.

i totally forgot how i made a new one. it's somewhere where it has something to do with "add desktop icon to taskbar" the results don't turn out for me though. my last pc did this to me and i figured it out win98. now I'm on xp and can't find out how its done.

you should only have to drag the icon to the task bar on the left.....it will remove it from the desktop and place it there.....I have minimal icons on my desktop and keep all the ones I use in the left side of the TB as well......I just did it on my PC and it worked fine....

i dont have that "desktop" icon on my desktop to add to the taskbar. I'm trying to find out how to make that icone to add it to the taskbar.

he want the "show desktop" shortcut icon.. ill look around..

I get it now. You can use your keyboard! :D

Press the key with "Windows Icon" + "D".

Back