How Can I Increase Power And Speed Of My RC 18MT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin2048

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have a RC18MT and i put an after market motor on it, can't remember the name, but i want more power. besides dropping in a brushless motor and a lipo pack what can i do to increase power and speed? can i change any gears to do this? what kind of battery should i get? i am just using the stock one right now

If you esc can handle more volts, get a higher voltage battery. I changed from a 7.2v to a 8.4v battery in my rustler and had to buy a wheelie bar to keep it from flipping over all the time. Much faster too.

i have a RC18MT and i put an after market motor on it, can't remember the name, but i want more power. besides dropping in a brushless motor and a lipo pack what can i do to increase power and speed? can i change any gears to do this? what kind of battery should i get? i am just using the stock one right now

You answered your own question. A bigger nimh, lipo, or brushless system will get you results. My mini lst 2 came alive with a quality nimh. Even more so with a lipo. That was with the stock motors. You'll have to stick to 7.2 volts I believe. Or a 2s lipo.

You answered your own question. A bigger nimh, lipo, or brushless system will get you results. My mini lst 2 came alive with a quality nimh. Even more so with a lipo. That was with the stock motors. You'll have to stick to 7.2 volts I believe. Or a 2s lipo.

You can run a 7-cell 8.4v NiMH pack without too many problems. If you plan on running LiPo of any kind with your stock ESC, you should use a low voltage cut off.

Can someone post a link of a good lipo battery with a good price? I don't know anything about them so I don't wanna pick one and have it not work. Also, what is balancing? I've heard you have to balance lipo batteries? What does that mean? How do you do it? I'm a big noob with electric

Back