For Sale Hot Wheels collectible cars, Super Treasure Hunt & oddballs - New!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Selling a set of three collectible Hot Wheels cars new in the package. Need to save up for something else.
- Super Treasure Hunt Shelby AC Cobra 427
- Mispackaged AC Cobra in a Lotus Elise package
- Error packed Dodge Dart with blister mounted too high.
$55 shipped for all three......

20221119_082910.jpg

20221119_083014.jpg

20221119_082955.jpg

IMG_20230304_120140076.jpg

This is my only Super Treasure Hunt. I'm selling it so I can either get my Go-kart running, or buy a new BL-2s system.

This is Zanes dad. The "wild" the STH Cobra was found in was an O'Reilly Auto Parts of all places. I went in to buy oil and a filter and this was just there. We always look for Cobras.
Zelle, Cash App, personal check or USPS money order accepted as payment.

Nice Cobras, you might have better luck on a local Diecast group on FB than here.

Are those errors sought after? From what I've seen there are few errors that are really worth much as the mispackages and bubble slips are pretty common. People often ask a lot for them but from my local groups they don't usually get it.

I have a huge toy collection still all in packages and sealed in a big plastic tote.

It's cruel to keep them locked up. Set them free!

I open everything I buy these days and have also started opening things I've had for 20-30 years. I decided that they are toys and I enjoy them more when I "play" with them. Which has led to me starting to build dioramas in my late 40s and taking a lot of photos.

I've also started doing a lot of customs. Almost every car in the picture below is a custom minimally with a wheel swap and most of them with hand painted detailing on the bumpers, lights, exhaust and such.

DSC_0006.JPG

Recent project I started.
DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

@FJC_GUY might like these

:thumbs-up:

My understanding is: The mispackages are fairly rare. Cars higher up on the card are just considered oddballs, but can fetch a higher by a few bucks.

Last edited:
To be honest @FJC_GUY , somebody will buy them and I will keep them packaged.
I have too many hobbies as it is.
I understand and it's just ribbing. People collect and enjoy their collections in different ways. I'm currently in discussions to sell off my massive GI-Joe and Star Wars Collections that I enjoyed for a very long time. They've now been in storage completely for almost 10 years so I decided it's time for someone to have them that will actually enjoy them.

There has never been a time in my life though that I haven't had a diecast car on a shelf or table somewhere I would always see it. Now that I have hit a situation where I'm in fairly good shape overall but have an apparently undiagnosable ankle issue that prevents me from taking the 10+ mile hikes we used to fill our weekends with the customization and display of my diecast has become a more central hobby.

My understanding is: The mispackages are fairly rare. Cars higher up on the card are just considered oddballs, but can fetch a higher by a few bucks.

Copy that, I know the markets vary by location as well. I don't sell much, I'm more likely to pick up something I don't really like to trade for something I do.

There has never been a time in my life though that I haven't had a diecast car on a shelf or table somewhere I would always see it. Now that I have hit a situation where I'm in fairly good shape overall but have an apparently undiagnosable ankle issue that prevents me from taking the 10+ mile hikes we used to fill our weekends with the customization and display of my diecast has become a more central hobby.

Another reason I love my mini crawlers, don't have to go far to enjoy them. I have bins full of 1/6 scale action figures and accessories, that was my hobby for well over 10 years. Spent a lot of time running around collecting stuff. Just don't have that kind of energy now. I still have tons of Lego and those I still enjoy. Gotta have good hobbies, without a creative outlet you will just become a bitter old Karen.

I have a customer who collects hotwheels and has a massive collection, I'll see if he's interested in any of these.

Last edited:
Another reason I love my mini crawlers, don't have to go far to enjoy them. I have bins full of 1/6 scale action figures and accessories, that was my hobby for well over 10 years. Spent a lot of time running around collecting stuff. Just don't have that kind of energy now. I still have tons of Lego and those I still enjoy. Gotta have good hobbies, without a creative outlet wou will just become a bitter old Karen.

I have a customer who collects hotwheels and has a massive collection, I'll see if he's interested in any of these.
Well thanks man!

Back