Hot Bodies Lightning 2 RR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcurtis2121

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anybody have one of these? I read a review over on BigSquidRC and they said they couldn't break the thing. I'm looking for a 1/8th scale that is great for bashing, I'm not much into the race scene. I like the idea of the roto start vs. the starter box. I've got a Jato and it's got an EZ Start system that I really like.

Anybody have any experience with a Lightning 2, or even a Lightning?

Thanks!

Greg

That's a little out of the price range I'm looking at. But the Lightning GT looks like a possibility. I'd love to get that GT2!

I have a HB lightning buggy... it's hard to break. Even without a front chassis support, it still holds its shape even after casing a few jumps really hard.

Their lightning II series is supposed to be even tougher than the lighting series.

the lightning 2 rr is a good racing buggy, a guy had one at the local track last sat and it looked like it handles damn good, the susp did good over bumps and jumps, the guy had a picco .21 p7 evo engine and that thing was FAST, but like i said before, the buggy handle the power with no problems.

Thanks for the feedback guys. That's what I'm looking for, real world experience!

Well, my brother had a Lightning 1 rr and he couldn't keep it running after about a month or two. The only thing he broke was a shock shaft because he rammed it into a tree. The engine exploded after 2 1/2 gallons. Well, it might have been just him... he doesn't take care of anything on his cars. He must've leaned it out way too much just to keep up with my xxx-nt because he hast to be the fastest....... On top of that when he "supposedly" filled the diffs, he put them in backwards because he was too damn lazy to print the fricking manual off the internet. (sorry for messing up the thread, he pisses me off so bad sometimes and I have to deal with it) I say get the Lightning 2 rr, you'll have a lot better luck. :cheers:

hot bodies doesn't seem to do much about there buggys to develop them further?

it's like = there it is, buy it or leave it...

Back