Hot Bodies 7.7" fireball wheel/tire combo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetdiesel

aka SouRGassssssss
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone here try it yet? Better handling or worse? Big loss of power or just a little bit? Or just too dang big for the Savage?!?!?! I'm looking to replace my stockers on my SS soon since the hubs are starting to strip.

Looking for an all around good bashing tire.

Last edited:
I'm not positive but i think the fireballs are on road tires so they would not be good all the way around for bashing. I recomend the i-mexx jumbo maxx tires(not the kongs) for all around. The proline 40 series are awsome but i dont like the chrome rims, however there are real nice 40 series rim from ramtech.

those fireball treads look to "showey" to use they dont seem like they would grip onto anyhting except for onroad like the post above.

Get some T-Maxx wheels with Pro-Line Maxx Mashers. Run alittle taller gear.

I see the IMEX jumbo maxx comes in three flavors, swamp dawg, claw dawg, and chevron. I mostly drive on medium-hard packed dirt so which one would be better suited to my conditions? Are the sidewalls stiffer between the three or is it just a matter of tread difference?

The ramtech rims look pretty sweet, but a bit pricey for my pocketbook.

The Maxx Mashers also look very sweet, how much smaller are they compared to the stock tires?

Last edited:
hi, from my experiences i noticed that the 7 inch and 7.7 inch truckzilla wheels are way to heavy. If your going for show its ok, but for performance wise i dont think SO! a big NO "my opinion"! you lose a lot of the line and the steering isnt as responsive. i think the Proline 40 Series are the best tire and rims combo. there lighter then stock savage wheels and alot taller and wider. the Proline Maxx Series tires are a little bit smaller then stock sav wheels. i think there the same size as stock t/e maxx tires.

Truckzilla 7 inch / 7.7 inch WORSE Handling

Last edited:
New Fireball Tires And Rims

I just got these tires and rim combo, and I am wondering if it is 100% nessasary to use the hub pin. The reason I am asking is because the new aluminum hubs that come with the new tires and rims, only two fit over top of the pin. 6 came with them only 2 fit over the pin....so what should I do.

I wouldnt go with the Imex jumbomaxx tires... they are way too bulky, and rob quite a bit of power... The imex tire line is good, but the big tires they make are for show queens. I have run the Imex regular swamp dawgs with some maximizer beadlocks, and i love em!!! The grip is awesome, and they dont wear down fast (i drove on medium-hard clay).

Ok, nevermind! I just realized the thread was a year old...

the 7inch tire/wheel combo BLOW! i have em and ran em 4 times.. they suck.. there more for show then anything....

Bigass Tires

I Bought A Set From Ebay, And It Seems As Thou The Stock Servos Are Not Powerfull Enough To Turn The Truck, It Pretty Much Took My Entire Front Yard To Completly Turn The Truck Around....but, By God They Look Awesome!!!!

Back