Homemade tire balancing tool

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macguyver

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
here it is :)

i made this with an old rotary tool....the chuck on this one is not the original , this one is a bit bigger than stock one ( due to a bad tinkering day and it ended up at the other end of the yard with a bent shaft coupling ) lol....this chuck is from a cordless screwdriver ..i just press fitted it to the shaft ...but I'm pretty sure the original chuck would work to

picture.php

i took all the electricals out of the tool , and i was left with a balanced shaft with good smooth bearings

picture.php

picture.php

for the hub , i suggest using a spare wheel hub ..or maybe an old one for the wheels you have ...i didnt have any so i found an old screwdriver bit holder that would fit perfectly once i trimmed the edges off ..and it would screw in nice and tight on my shaft ......but an original hub is the way to go if you ask me ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

once i made sure everything turned strait using a carpenter's square as an edge , i glued the shaft with ''J-B weld'' epoxy

picture.php

it turns really smooth , i use silicone spray lube on the bearings ....

i got the idea when i saw one on youtube (a real one )..and when i saw the price online ,40 to 50 $ , i said to myself ..'' poop , i can prob make one ''.. :hehe:.. i had all the parts laying around

so there it is

cheers :D

Awesome. Thanks for the thread bro, I love diy stuff. Let us know how it works out.

it works fine if you ask me , may not be as precise as a real one ..but its does work ...i used it for my studded tires , and i saw a diff ....even new tires out of the box needed to be done ..they were even worst than my custom studded ones

nice setup macguyver.......

Gonna b/m this one so i can get back to it easily.

yay nice one this should be stickeyd:first_place:

did your best at what the machine or getting it stickeyd:\

lol wat i thort good job on the machine and the post:):D;):hehe::p::first_place::second_place:

lol bord

Sweet!! DIY stuff is always cool!! I dont have a spare dremel, but I'd like to make a tire balancer.. Anyone else have any similar ideas??

'stix, you could do something similar with a hammer drill, just make sure it is a variable speed one running at low rpm.

Sweet!! DIY stuff is always cool!! I dont have a spare dremel, but I'd like to make a tire balancer.. Anyone else have any similar ideas??

any small shaft with good smooth rolling bearings should work .....an old burnt out electric drill might work ..should have a good balanced shaft and bearings ...just get rid of the planetary gear inside if it has one ..and all the electrical ....

just a thought ;) :)

Macguyver is a good name for you . . .if you have seen the show you will know what i am talking about

Funny, i know what you mean by that rob.......

BTW, you stalkin me boy ??? :hehe: :p:

be'ay ya'sen rob, were beginning to cr*p on another (good) guy's thread here :hehe:

Macguyver is a good name for you . . .if you have seen the show you will know what i am talking about

of course i have seen the show ..it was my favorite thing on TV when i was a kid ;)

and i have been called Macguyver many time in my life to ..lol :p::D:hehe:

Back