Homemade Sauce for Drag Racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LudeNation

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What is a good DIY Sauce for Drag Racing and general purposes. Looking to get better grip on my hoons for speed runs. Please comment with homemade sauces. Here is the link to a YouTube video that explains how to make it. Should I follow the video or are there better options. Want several different Sauces/Stickiness.

VHT is what drag racers use. Never tried it on RC cars, but I have seen my share of broken axles thanks to sticky VHT covered drag strips.

Never tried any home recipes, but will be interested in seeing if anyone has tried any.
@johnnydmd may have some useful info.

VHT is what drag racers use. Never tried it on RC cars, but I have seen my share of broken axles thanks to sticky VHT covered drag strips.

Never tried any home recipes, but will be interested in seeing if anyone has tried any.
@johnnydmd may have some useful info.
Thank you for sharing

I’ve done both made my own and bought some. Although I’ve never used them on my hoons. I use regular corn syrup (Amazon) no light corn syrup, sugar, a can of Mountain Dew and a bit of corn starch. Boil it always stirring it so it doesn’t turn into candy once you get a decent consistency let it cool. I also add 90% rubbing alcohol and just let it sit mixing it. The alcohol lets it soak into my foam tires (BSR’s) and I pour some on the road and light it up. It gets really sticky and simple green cleans my RC’s right up and it washes off the road easily. Happy RC’ing Y’all 🇺🇸❤️🏁🤘🏽

VHT is proven to run sub 1.7 passes in Rubber Tire NPRC by Power Mad Racing on youtube. I use Pimp Juice straight out of the bottle and like it so far too.

Back