Homemade Round T/E-Maxx Body Posts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
If your in a DIY mood, you can make them out of a plastic hanger. My boddy does it all the time on his t-maxx. Cut it with a drimal drill the holes and bingo. Pluse it gives kinda a cool look if you use a colored coat hanger.

Bryson

That is actually a pretty neat idea Bryson. You know they are about the same diameter too. Pretty slick!

Tom

Thank you I actually came up with that when my buddy was bitching because he had to buy new body post when he got his H1 body. It works slick as snot.

Bryson

I actually bought some round Delrin stock from McMaster.com. While it was slightly larger than stock, I kinda just "turned it down" byt chucking it into a drill and spinning it against the edge of a chisel. Fit nicely into the body post mounting, and was larger in diameter than stock (along with a MUCH harder material).

Never needed body posts again.....and my Tmaxx ended up upside down a LOT!

-Chris

I just finished the coat hanger mod.. that is a brilliant find! Thanks bryson! that took less time that it would take me to get to my LHS one way :thumbup: :thumbup:

Excellent idea. Thread has been split and moved to the how-to forum.