Home-made muffler works pretty good

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevy-SS

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Gentlemen, these nitro vehicles get LOUD. You and I may like the noise, but I will wager that your neighbors don't enjoy it at all. They may tolerate it because you buy them beer or let them toke on your bong pipe.

I have some sound advice on keeping the peace with your neighbors. Here is a way to tone down the obnoxious noise levels a little. I have a T-Maxx with the Picco P2 .21 and the RD Logics pipe. This thing was so loud, I swear I was going to start wearing ear protection. Honestly, it was so bad I did not feel right running the truck in my neighborhood.

So I added a silicone exhaust deflector, plus a 4" piece of radiator overflow tubing onto that. I drilled some holes in the overflow tubing but they are hard to see in this photo. I secured the tubing to the frame with a couple of loose zip ties. The result is a much quieter truck and I didn't notice any power loss.

3469Muffler1.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good thing you wired it up. I tried that a long time ago, but didn't have the forsight to keep the hose out of the way. Came down on a jump and pinched it and killed the engine. Granted, I was happy that's all it was, but it freaked me out none the less.

:stupid: lol.... i jsut saw it so i had to say someptin. and why is this on here :sheep: ??? o well...

How is that P2 ? .... doesn't your truck jsut keep flipping over... and i guess you have a stronger drivetrain in there?

Truck does flip over a lot with P2, but it's OK it you're careful. I have a nice set of wheelie bars, but have not installed yet. I would much rather have it over-powered like it is. It's much more fun to drive.

I've got metal spur and FOC. Rest of drivetrain is stock and holding up perfectly, so far.