Hobbywing EZrun combo problems!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEnItRo1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone, i bought the Hobbywing ezrun 35a ESC and 13t 3000kv motor brushless combo.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/ezrun-35a-brushless-system-combo.html

I am having troubles setting it up. I bought a gensacearespammers 4000mAh, 2s, 25c battery for it, it had the wrong connector so i cut the wires and soldered on the correct connector. But stupid me, when i went to cut the wires, the red wire and black wires both touched the cuters at the same time (poop!!!!!) and yes there was a spark. My question is, did i blow something inside the battery, like the cell, i dont know. Anyway so i went to follow the procedure in the manual about how to set it up, and i followed video on setting it up on youtube from ultimaterc.com's page.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3geZwqdtc"]HobbyWing EZRun 13T / 35A brushless combo unboxing (PART 1) - YouTube[/ame]

In the video, his ESC beeps and flashes a red light, mine light stays solid red, and then shuts off (just the light) and there is no beep. So did messing with the battery screw me over? or what? i am at a lose for words right now, i just need some help on how to fix it, do i need another battery or what?

ANY and ALL help would be VEEERRRRRYYYY much appriecated!!!!!

It is possible to damage a battery by letting the two wires touch but if something was going to happen to it most likely the lipo would puff on you from what I've been told. I've managed to do this twice or something similar to it twice in the past and both times it was only a momentary touch and both lipos were fine. And holy cow what a spark right! took a chunk right out of the sharp edge of my dykes. They were brand new too...I was sad....at any rate I would say as long as your lipo didnt puff then it should be fine. Put a volt checker on it and see what its reading...if its reading normal and its not puffed then its fine.

After youve veryfied that its fine then I would go to the directions that came with the ESC and start from the beginning and do the first time set up and/or ESC calibration. If that doesn't work then Id say theres something wrong with the ESC.

ok so i read the manual, the manual said when you turn on the esc let go of the set button right away, and the red light will flash, well, i held the button till i saw the light flash, and start beeping. So i figured it out!

Back