Hobbywing EZ Run Max 8 Programming and Burnout

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi I have a new Hobbywing EZ Run Max 8 Brushless Combo I bought for my son in December. We have both the programming boxes (manual card and box). When we got the unit we followed the instructions to the TEE to program the ESC but I didnt use an external capacitor. When we plugged in the battery the unit started smoking, I checked the polarity, the wiring, everything was perfect.

We sent the unit back to Hobbywing and they graciously replaced it. Now we have the replacement unit but are dead scared to program it. Are any of you in Central New Jersey (We live in Princeton area) we can get your help with proper social and distance maybe in a parking lot or driveway? My son is 10 years old and we want to get this right the first time.

Let me know please if you can help.

Don’t be scared to program it again, stuff like that happens 👍

He's right every once in awhile you get a factory defect and it just goes poof for no apparent reason. If youve double checked everything to the best of your ability then thats probably all it was. If you plug it in and it releases the magic smoke again then you gotta a problem you need to track down lol.

Can I mail you the motor Greywolf and put a return label isnt that foolproof?

Dude your overthinking it.... it probably won’t happen again

Can I mail you the motor Greywolf and put a return label isnt that foolproof?
No offense but I dont really want to be responsible for your stuff. If you're that worried about it you should be able to take it to a local hobby shop in your area and they should be able to help you make sure that you're doing everything right. :)

Back