Hobbywing 8bl150 low voltage cut off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ran two 4s packs (two 2s packs). On set is 6500 mah 90c other is 5200mah 50c. Put them on charger and they read 3.4 volts. Normally it only takes about 45min to recharge the batteries. These took over an hour, and the charger said it was putting in over 5000 mah. So these things were dead dead. Checked the hobbywing book and default cut off is 3.0volts , max is 3.4. so i set it to 3.2 volts, just seemd like the cut off points are awfull low

Yes, they are. I keep all my ESCs at the highest LVC available.

Ran two 4s packs (two 2s packs). On set is 6500 mah 90c other is 5200mah 50c. Put them on charger and they read 3.4 volts. Normally it only takes about 45min to recharge the batteries. These took over an hour, and the charger said it was putting in over 5000 mah. So these things were dead dead. Checked the hobbywing book and default cut off is 3.0volts , max is 3.4. so i set it to 3.2 volts, just seemd like the cut off points are awfull low
3.2 for a LVC is too low in my opinion. Any discrepancy in the actual voltage, and difference in cell voltages can cause you to damage batteries. I set mine to 3.6 minimum. Saves time recharging too 😉

So set at 3.2 seems to be okay. The amp draw shuts it down and the batteries read around 3.5 per cell

Back