Hobbystar 3660 3300KV motor opinions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Should be more than enough for a 1/10 buggy, even a 3650 can would probably be enough, but this will run cooler.

Cheap motors a la Hobbystar are usually decent products, unlike cheap ESCs, so go for it 👍

Edit: I hope the drivetrain can take brushless power, if the buggy was originally brushed, you might just find a weak point or two :D

Should be more than enough for a 1/10 buggy, even a 3650 can would probably be enough, but this will run cooler.

Cheap motors a la Hobbystar are usually decent products, unlike cheap ESCs, so go for it 👍

Edit: I hope the drivetrain can take brushless power, if the buggy was originally brushed, you might just find a weak point or two :D
It was originally brushless. This is the buggy i mean: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32958868713.html It originally came with a 35A ESC and 3970KV motor. I still have the motor, but it is currently in another vehicle. The original ESC burnt up awhile ago.

I have run the 3660 3200kv and 3665 3100kv and they are decent. I have the 3665/3100kv in my eJato currently and I run it on 3S off a max10 sct. Prior to that, I was running the 3660/3200kv off a traxxas vxl-3s, but it started giving me fits.

The 3665 had more torque, but both were fine throwing the ejato around all day without running too hot with a fan on them.

Back