Hobbico bought Axial

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
HOBBICO ACQUIRES R/C CAR LINES:
AXIAL, TEAM DURANGO & ARRMA
Champaign, Illinois, January 9, 2012 - Hobbico, Inc. announced today that it has acquired several R/C car
product lines: Axial, Team Durango and ARRMA.
Founded in 2005, Axial offers industry-leading R/C vehicles, focused on rock crawling and rock racing
products. With excellent design features and a high level of detail, Axial specializes in highly realistic
ready-to-run vehicles.
Established in 2009, Team Durango is known for state-of-the-art race vehicles in 1/10 and 1/8 scale.
Team Durango holds world and national championship titles around the globe.
ARRMA is a new product line introduced in 2011, offering a selection of vehicles with advanced
features, unique designs and parts compatibility. Using a common chassis platform, ARRMA vehicles
allow retailers to give consumers a choice while maintaining a simplified parts inventory. The acquisition
also includes the dBoots brand of R/C tires which specializes in off-road tires for multi-surface indoor and
outdoor tracks.
Hobbico is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of model hobby products, including radio
controlled models, plastic model kits, rockets and other hobby products. The employee-owned company
manufactures and distributes many famous hobby brands such as Duratrax, TrakPower, O’Donnell
Racing Fuel, Revell, Estes, Great Planes, Flyzone, HeliMax, MonoKote, RealFlight, Top Flite,
SuperTigre, AquaCraft, and others. Hobbico also represents Futaba, O.S. Engines, ThunderTiger and
other product lines in the U.S. and other parts of America.
Axial will continue to operate as a Hobbico subsidiary from its facility in Irvine, California. Team
Durango and ARRMA will also continue from their current offices in Ashby, Leicestershire, UK as a
Hobbico subsidiary. The product lines will continue to be available through a worldwide network of
distributors.
“We’re proud to bring these strong product lines into the Hobbico family,” said Wayne Hemming,
President of Hobbico. “I’m particularly happy to welcome the teams of talented professionals at Axial,
Team Durango and ARRMA and look forward to the innovative products that they are developing.”
“I’m excited about this new affiliation with Hobbico,” said Jeff Johns, General Manager of Axial R/C
Inc. “This will give Axial additional resources to continue our rapid growth.”
“I look forward to working with Durango and ARRMA staff as well as those within Hobbico to continue
to introduce innovative and successful products. This is an exciting step which we are sure will help take
us to the next level,” said Jason Dearden, Managing Director of ARRMA Durango, Ltd

Pretty big news IMO. Hobbico seems to be making a big jump here to try and compete with the other big Mfr's. With Axial just coming out with a couple new products it seems like a good move for Them to purchase Axial.

Oh god, I hope they dont F this up....

+1! I'd hate to see their quality to go down the tubes.

This could go either way, but I hope that it ends well for all parties. some of hobbicos current subsidiaries make some great stuff

Back