Hitec servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Rancher

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I put two Hitec 645mg servos in my TT S3 buggy. I centered them with the servo arms off, then hooked up the various linkages and they worked fine. Yesterday, after a day of break in for my V-Spec motor, the throttle servo would not return to neutral after gassing it, and same thing if I pushed it into brake mode. Basically, it will not return to center after making the servo move one way or the other. This servo was brand new when I installed it last week.

My Tx is a MX3-S, and Rx is Airtronics Synth.

What's the deal with the servo? I guess it's time to get an AT 357 and 358.

Have you tried it without the linkage attached? If not give that a try, you may have some kind of binding. If it's still a no go...send it to Hi-Tec...they have a 2 or 3 year warrant....Info on their return policy along with a required form is on their website.

If ya got a couple Franklins burning a hole in your pocket...go ahead with the AT's

Mr T

Hey, great suggestions. I thought I should try it without the linkage on, but since it was so symmetrical I thought it was the servo.

And good tip on the warranty. I still have the boxes for them as I just popped them in last week.

No problem man, I sent one to them about 8 months ago...they repaired it and got it right back out to me....the turn around time wasn't to hateful.

Mr T

I just wen thtrought these issues lately and found the problem to be my installation of the servo....I was letting the servo go beyond what the EPA should be set at.....when you set up your linkages as close as I do the servo can go beyond it's breaking point real quick....I was setting my EPA higher than necessary and coming down in the adjustments.....you should set it lower than required and adjust up.....that stopped all my servo issues...

Plaid:

Was not setting the endpoints correctly ruining the servos or just making them work funky until you adjusted them properly?

Well, the prize goes to Plaid. I took the servo horn off, re-centered it, played a little with the servo with the horn off, then set all my settings on my transmitter to zero, put the horn/linkage back on to spec and with the servo at neutral. Noticed the ranges from the dry runs I just did and set the endpoints at about 65 for brake and 55 for throttle. Works PERFECT!!!! Thanks guys. Set up the steering the same way, coming just short of having the tie rod ends hit the lower a-arms.

Of course, it just started raining here so there goes my afternoon of more break-in of the V-Spec. It would have been it's first rolling running.

I used a Hitec HS-635HB servo and a Hitec HS-322HD servo with a Hitec HIS-03MK IPD Failsafe Rx in my Touring car and they work very well. Transmitter is a Futaba Computer radio. The Hitec setup seems to work as well as my all Futaba setup in my Savage.

Revo Rancher said:
Plaid:

Was not setting the endpoints correctly ruining the servos or just making them work funky until you adjusted them properly?

you got lucky cause I ruined 1 really nice servo and 2 I think were just plain bad out of the box...I like the analog hitec servos cause they seem to hold pretty good, but I'll never buy another Hi-tec digital servo again....they just aren't tough as the JR or Futaba servos I've tried....I'd like to try the Airtronics ones but the JR 8611 has my money already spent when I need another servo....

Back