Hitec Servo Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ysr04

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just installed a Hitec HS-635HB high torque servo in my Delta 1/8th scale car and am having some problems. The servo constantly hums like it is binding but it is not, the servo constantly is trying to center itself and actually moves on its' own around the center point of the servo. It only does this when the transmitter is on and the car is turned on. I am using an Airtronics receiver, is it possible that I need to switch some of the wires around on the plug or something? The plug wires are in the plug like this;

far left = Yellow wire
center = red
far right = black

Any help someone can give me would be appreciated.

I think you put the wire in the correct way. Try move your transmitter away few feet and see if you still have the problem.

I've had the same thing with those servo's, for some reason when the batts get low they turn all the way to the left or to the right.

it's just trying to find center is all...if the signal is weak or the batt pack low it will do it alot......also need to adjust the trim so it actually sits in center...if it's got any resistance it will hum.....

mine do that on both my rides.. there just constantly adjusting so they move. when your useing them they dont do it.. just at rest.. i dont think there is a prob with your servos..

I will go and put the servo back in and try moving the transmitter farther away. I thought I had a faulty servo so I removed it and was in the process of trying to find another one to replace it. It does not have to do with the battery pack being low because it does this all the time....even after the pack comes off a peaked charge. Other servos plugged into that channel on the receiver do not do what the Hitec does so I know that it is not the receiver anyway. It really kind of bothers me because anytime the servo is moving like that it is taking un-neccesary power from the battery.

Here is what I heard from Hitec's message board.

Is it a humming noise? The 600 series will all make this noise if under load. It's the nature of a 3 pole motor.

[ October 17, 2005, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Stevo ]

--------------------
Steve Morton
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Technician/Service Rep.

This still really bothers me even though the Hitec rep says that it is normal. I can't stand having any servos that bind or draw extra power when not needed.

ill take it if you wanna toss it and get a different one... lol

Lol.............thanks for the offer but I think I am going to try and work with it for a while.

Back