hitec servo problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davy t maxx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
has anybody else had any problems with the hitec 645mg servo? mine has been back twice for repair and has gone the same way again, it runs for about a minute then starts going to the same point no matter what input you give it from the sticks. it gets really hot and drains the rec pack really fast, gets really slow just before it gived up and works ok for a minute or two once it cools off again. not even running it anymore for steering, just throttle and brake, gave up on it as steering servo when it gave in the first time, going back to futaba now, hitec servo's in the trash

I think that is the ONLY hitec servo I've never had issue with....I won't ever try their Digitals again for sure.........if you want the ultimate bomb proof servo get the JR 8611...pricey but it's the only one I've NEVER had an issue w/ even when I forgot to set my EPAs on it.....are you having the same issue w/ other servos you put in for steeering?

na, running a futaba 9350 in the steering now, crazy torque and speed, plus it's totally sealed, ball raced and has thicker wires than any i've seen so far. digital, coreless and an alloy case, well worth binning the hitec in favour of it, the servo saver's the only thing struggling now, wasn't even using the hitec on the steering when it went the last time

the standard servo savers don't seem to hold up well when you get high torque servos......you should check out the pro-line steering kit for the T-maxx...much more precise control and durability....

Another thing could be your reciever. My reciver caused all the exact same things to my servos and batt pack.

I use a futaba 2PL system. And no I don't have a maxx, I was just bored. lol. :hammer:

The hitec 625/645 from 1-2 tears ago were known for problems. RC Solutions had about 4 out of 10 go bad through that period. I was under the impression they are better lately, but I now use JR and airtronics.

I had issues with the first few 645's I bought. I just thought it was me. But, I changed to a futaba S3305 for about a year. Now I've bought a couple 645's again and they are holding up better than I remember my first ones did.

could have been it, it was a fair age, been back twice under warranty for repair though, you'd think hitec would've known if there was a problem, using a hitec reciever, can't remember the model but it's the one with the built in failsafe, has done well so far. decided to run futaba servos all round now, never had a problem with them apart from stripped plastic teeth from gears.

oh ye, and got a proline kit on order, using a high torque kimbrough servo saver just now and it still can't handle the torque of the futaba 9350 i'm running, almost as fast as the one i ran in my touring car too

ye, have done, thanks. i'm in the uk and they seem to be really hard to get a hold of, ye the kimbrough heavy duty saver's rubbish and i had a cheap trick bits plastic one that was much better until it had enough, just counting the days until the proline kit lands on the door mat, it'll take about 10 minutes between that and it been wrenched by the servo out in the street getting set up, then another 30mins until flying at the track

Back