Hissed Off - Nitro SE Drag Car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Iowa crawler

RCNT Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I found this video. It looks like it is slowing the car down. But with electric the wheels do a lot. I imagine I car with a break is different.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Awesome to see drag racing picking up in popularity. Doubly cool to see you build cars with nitro power!
Just personal opinion but I would ditch those fancy canister air filters and go with open 2 stage element filters.

johnnydmd

Beer drinker and hell racer
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Designed some shock towers. Considering 3d printing the bulkheads as well for the chassis' I sell.

shocktowers.jpg

johnnydmd

Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Car got it's initial runs. Had some concerns when warming up, the car was spinning badly, like a top, and at one point it did a corkscrew cartwheel (nothing got hurt thank god).

I made six or seven passes, and the car actually ran straight and true. I recorded a couple of 2.8s runs. A couple didn't get recorded because it was a bit windy and the little shrouds moved that block light from the sensors (Note - need to either screw or tape them in place). The run below might have been a bit faster than 2.8, not sure which one this was. All the ones recorded were 2.8 though. I didn't do any fine tuning of anything - this was just fire it up and go. I really just wanted to make sure it would.

johnnydmd

Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I replaced the shocks with the same kind that I am using on Incinerator, that are big, big bore and much better to adjust - plus only 30 dollars for the full set. They aren't quite as good as the Integy ones I use on Invader, but they'll do just fine.

301778643_3305425143079129_6309538834008781302_n.jpg

Got it balanced on the corner weight system, and then took it out for a few test passes. Made some adjustments to the throttle linkage and trans brake, and focused mostly on 66ft passes for seeing how it was launching. I already know what it can do on the top end.

It's definitely imperative to get the LSN right when using a trans brake. If it's too rich, the engine will get loaded up, and bog a little on launch. When you get it leaned right though, man, it's like shooting it out of a slingshot. (I already sense being told I can't use it at some events).