high torque or high speed servo whats better

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidsalas

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
need to turn fast like the race cars what can i do

I personally would say a good digital ti gear high torque servo. High speed servos are lower torque so it may have the speed but if if can turn the wheels and hold it; it just is not going to work for you. A 333oz Hitec is plenty fast enough.

For a buggy I'd want speed. Savox makes some fast and high torque servos for reasonable prices. You can go with a high voltage servo,use a lipo battery and get both :)

get a hitec 7955 tg and be done with it. they are plenty fast for us averge racers and bashers. and they last forever. just finished my second full year on mine.

I typically run high speed on my throttle/brake and high torque on my steering, but for Buggy you can run high speed on both really. Depends on how reactive you want the front end to be ;-) Anything over 140 oz/in or so should be fine in either slot. If you aren't racing you can get away with a little weaker if need be. Just buy the best servo you can afford. They are pretty important....