hidden body mount?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rctenn

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an ntc3. Any thoughts on how to make hidden body mounts? I am a visual learner so pics would be most helpful too. I'll take any suggestions you got.

yup was thinking the same thing..
make some kinda flat bar to go were the top of the mounts are .. cut the nipples off and place the flat plate there with velcro and there you have it .. hidden mounts:D

You could also try rare earth magnets. I've got a couple dead hard drives lying around I could try this out on. Cut the body posts flat at the height you want and super glue some dime-sized magnets to the posts with a small metal washer/disc glued to the body.

My only concern would be any interference with the receivers but am not sure it would pose an issue.

You could also try rare earth magnets. I've got a couple dead hard drives lying around I could try this out on. Cut the body posts flat at the height you want and super glue some dime-sized magnets to the posts with a small metal washer/disc glued to the body.

My only concern would be any interference with the receivers but am not sure it would pose an issue.

thats a good idea! those magnets have a very small but very powerful field. just may work!

ouch...:whhooo:

LMAO:first_place:

RFI would be a concern for sure. But I'd bet you're going to damage the body trying to take it off before it actually comes loose. Those little suckers are strong. Even the very small ones.

i would be more concerned with what type of glue would hold them...

the magnets have a tiny field, that is why they can be used inside a hard drive which is a magnetic storage device, without hurting the data.

all great ideas, thanks. I was also thinking of a "ball and socket" or "double roller" type latch mechanism for cabinets.

Good idea on the mags but I would test the size you would need. Just strong enough to lift the car by the lid but not so strong you can swing it around your head

Good idea on the mags but I would test the size you would need. Just strong enough to lift the car by the lid but not so strong you can swing it around your head

I agree 100%. You should be able to twist the body off much easier than trying to lift it off.

I'm liking this idea, no more stupid pins to loose in the grass!

someone make a prototype, we could sell it on the rcnt name. and woody could buy us all beer!

Well, the legal ones among us. lol

leave it to the po po to comment on the legalness of it all.. :D

what do you guys think would hold it? some of that 2 part epoxy or maybe jbweld? it would have to stick to the paint on the body..

leave it to the po po to comment on the legalness of it all.. :D

what do you guys think would hold it? some of that 2 part epoxy or maybe jbweld? it would have to stick to the paint on the body..

Whoop Whoop!!!

The main problem that i see, is not finding an epoxy to stick the mag's, but is when you stick the magnet to the paint, on the body, the paint will come off pretty easily. Also, on a roll over, the chassis will most likley detatch itself from the body just due to the force of the chassis causing the mags to slide off of each other.

There always has to be one of you huh? :) j/k

Lessen does not contribute to the delinquency of minors

it would have to stick to the paint on the body..

That's the problem. Even with a good bond to the paint it'll just rip the paint off the body. Personally, I'd rather just screw it one. Yeah, on one hand you no longer have the super clean look of no pins but you would still gain the convenience of not having them.