Hi new to the site, have a couple of Tamiya rc cars a tt02d and my first being a rising fighter. How to upgrade?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuthy79

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi new to the site, have a couple of Tamiya rc cars a tt02d and my first being a rising fighter. How to upgrade? I've purchased a 27t motor for rising fighter with adjustable timing and not sure how to setup

Fair warning, I'm no brushed motor expert and hopefully one will chime in but I'll share what I know. When you advance the timing, you gain power and RPM. You also loose bottom end torque at the same time., Its a give and take. I would start low, 5 to 10 degrees, and see how it performs. Also keep a close eye on your temps as increasing timing will cause higher temps and accelerate brush wear.

I'm not familiar with that particular car. What motor are you replacing and why? What turn motor was the old one? If there's a drastic difference in the old one to new, you may also need to change your gear ratio.

Back