Hi All, Can anyone help with one way bearing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sycko

RC Newbie
Reaction score
After about 3-4yrs I've finally dug my old HPI Savage rc cars out of the Garage, but one of them had an StS28 engine with rota start that is slipping whenever I try to start it, I vaguely remember this from before were fuel gets into the baring and doesn't grip the shaft but I've cleaned it and dried it out with no luck, does anyone know where to get a replacements bearing like in the picture (Thw silver piece) or is it time for a new engine?
Thanks
998A393A-04AE-4531-832F-9C4A6E5BD967.jpeg

did a search theres a few online. here is part #..STS 280103-4

Excellent, thank you guys, I forgot to mention I'm UK based so shipping could be an issue lol

Can I ask you guys, if I can't source a bearing or it works out too expensive and I decide to go for a new Engine, whats a good upgrade from the StS? I've been out of the game for a good few years so I'm a bit behind now.

Dynamite Big Red is a good engine from everything I've found and read, (SH based engines have been good to me anyways), it is most likely going to be my next engine purchase when one of mine goes out.

Try cleaning the bearing THOROUGHLY with denatured alcohol and then blowing it out with an air hose. If that doesn't work, then you'll need a new one.
You'll also need to clean the shaft that it rides on.

Thanks Rolex, I will give that a go and let you know how I get on.
Try cleaning the bearing THOROUGHLY with denatured alcohol and then blowing it out with an air hose. If that doesn't work, then you'll need a new one.
You'll also need to clean the shaft that it rides on.

I usually soak mine in DA for a while, then take a paper towel, twist it so it fits snug inside the bearing, wet the towel with DA, then work the bearing back and forth while spinning it on the towel for a while to work any gunk out of it. Internal OWB's tend to end up with "carmelized" fuel/oil in them, especially after sitting. Once I clean them like that, I put a drop of ARO on them, then reinstall.

Another possiblity would be to find a socket small enough to fit the bearing and another on the back, put it in a vice and press the bearing out. Then just replace the OWB itself. I know guys used to do that quite a bit with the older savage bearings as it was a lot cheaper.

I usually soak mine in DA for a while, then take a paper towel, twist it so it fits snug inside the bearing, wet the towel with DA, then work the bearing back and forth while spinning it on the towel for a while to work any gunk out of it. Internal OWB's tend to end up with "carmelized" fuel/oil in them, especially after sitting. Once I clean them like that, I put a drop of ARO on them, then reinstall.

Another possiblity would be to find a socket small enough to fit the bearing and another on the back, put it in a vice and press the bearing out. Then just replace the OWB itself. I know guys used to do that quite a bit with the older savage bearings as it was a lot cheaper.
Thanks buddy, that worked a treat, soaked it in wd40 over night then gave it a good clean with a towel and now it grips ??