Hey guys new to the world i have a savage x 4.6 just need help to make sure I'm doing things correctly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flex74

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Need help I put a new spur in. Just figured out why spur was stripped. My clutch bell wasn't put together right. Any one knows the correct way. And what I need after the clutch

Proper gear mesh,use a strip of paper between spur gear and clutch bell gear when you reassemble them,very important,

I would not use the paper spacing method on this gear type... here info your after should be here for clutch..http://www.hpiracing.com/en/instructions/109083

Not sure why you say not to use paper method ,the manuals all say paper,,,,also I use this to get close to perfect,it may need a fine adjustment with .001-.003 in.more or less,

i personally dont like the paper method for setting mesh, it is very easy to still get too tight of mesh as the paper will kind of squish, Mod1 gears have big teeth. i have found that the plastic from parts bags works pretty well though, and is actually in the instructions for RRP, though lately i just do it by hand, i set it tight enough where there is just a little bit of "rocking" back and forth. to where its almost hard to see, but you can feel/hear it.
besides setting mesh, any other questions specifically?

Yes , I also have used plastic parts bag ,like I stated ,you may need fine adjustment,feel as you turn the gear all the way around to check all teeth, uniformity check,too tight of fit will strain your power source,too loose and you know,poof! You can double layer paper or any material on hand in a pinch,no pun intended ?

Need help I put a new spur in. Just figured out why spur was stripped. My clutch bell wasn't put together right. Any one knows the correct way. And what I need after the clutch
The clutch Bell just requires two good bearings, a washer, and a screw to mount it to the crank shaft. How was it out together wrong?