hey guys i've got a body question..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mineverun09

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
well my question is..

background: jato 3.3 kit.

i want a body for it, but i dont want a stock/prographics/crowd pleazer.
i want something "cool" i want a car body or something of that nature, is there a website that sells 1/8th scale bodys?
i know that I'm going to have to dremel out the wheel well to fit it.
i might have a few more questions later.. thanks!

thanks man, i guess i should of searched around first.... duh.
but I'm gonna have some more questions as i think em up.. thanks again!

Dont worry about it. If someone uses punctuation and doesn't type like a 8th grade girl gabbing to her peeps, so I can actually read the question, then I'll gladly do alittle searching to help :hehe:

LOL Slow, tell me about it! Sometimes I have to call my son over to decipher a post!

For 1/8th scale there's plenty of stuff. From HPI truck/car bodies for the Savage to Parma stuff and JConcepts too...

HTH...
Mark

haha, i frequent a couple other forums, and i agree with you 100%. but i should of been able to find that out..

say if i wanted this body-
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...8/n/Kyosho-Inferno-GT-Clear-Body-Set-Nissan-Z

it will fit length wise? it says 1/8th scale, but its on-road... how do i figure if its going to be tiny or since my jato is 1/8th scale and this body is, they should match up fine?

about the most you'll have to decipher from me is lol and haha. :)

Isn't the Jato a 1/10 scale?

And as a general rule of thumb, you can fit just about any body on any vehicle, you just may have to do more cutting on some than others. 1/8 vs 1/10 isn't alot on size difference for bodies.

200mm touring car bodies fit the jato as long as you use street tires most off road tires you gota run 190mm bodies or it will rub depending on what style u choose i got a 65 mustang 350gt on mine but when i put the stampede tires on the jato i gota run the crowd plzer body i got

!/8th scale is going to be too long. You need a 1/10th scale body. www.proline.com has wheel bases listed for their bodies. Very useful when matching one to your ride.

And on that note, I did some searching. The length and wheel base will be longer, but the width will be pretty close to looking as if the Jato was an on-road, with the wheels only sticking out a little bit.

So you may end up with a body that is too long, and wheel cutouts slightly off. If you buy it, I recommend cutting it before you paint it.

!/8th scale is going to be too long. You need a 1/10th scale body. www.proline.com has wheel bases listed for their bodies. Very useful when matching one to your ride.

Lol, site is down.

Try http://prolineracing.com/ instead

yeah, so long as it fits lengthwise, I'm okay with it. and yes I'm sorry my jato is indeed 10th scale..

to whoever said about the wheels sticking out just a bit is kinda what I'm going for.. i think it will looks pretty cool.
and i was going to trim/fit everything def. before painting!! :D

another question.. the thickness. that only pertains to people who are serious racers right? like 190mm 200mm etc anyone shed some light real quick on that? dont have to go into detail just a breeze by

Last edited:
190mm and 200mm refer to the axle width. Usually 190mm is electric touring car and 200mm is nitro touring car, but many cars you can swap axles and control arms to change the width, OR you can get offset wheels. I've used offset wheels on a 190mm touring car to put a 200mm body on it.

The thickness of the polycarbonate is usually pretty standard (.040-inch I believe) unless it is some sort of light weight/thin race body...

thanks. so I'm gonna get a 200 then. I'm running just the stock anaconda rems/tires..

Take a look in the nitro talk section look at "project jato" i have some pics there of my jato with anacondas on it with a 200mm touring car body on it

i did that... i might be talking to ya a bit.. just run stuff by ya.. some ideas i get to do w/ my jato :) i hope you wont mind!

great looking paint job ya did with the mustang body.

Back