Hesitation at take off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randocommando

RC Newbie
Reaction score
When i pull the throttle on my Revo 3.3 it heaitates for about 2 seconds as it revs up and the goes. Once going it is fine. New to this so not sure if its normal or if I have an issue. Thanks for the help.

Adjust your low speed needle clockwise. Think of the needle as the face of a clock and only make small adjustments one hour at a time.
The low speed needle adjusts low RPM fuel flow so if its hesitating on throttle it most likely is running a bit rich.

so like 30 degrees.hmmm id go aa little less it might take a few times to get the correct adjustments

Thank you guys. I adjusted the needle and that was it. I see I have to adjust it after every so many runs with it. I guess from it bouncing around and everything.

Thank you guys. I adjusted the needle and that was it. I see I have to adjust it after every so many runs with it. I guess from it bouncing around and everything.

Is the engine still at factory set?

If so ,you might need to lean in on the HSN a little as well ,but hesitation on take off ,the LSN is the correct needle to turn like the Guy's said!...:cool:

Nitro is pretty dependent on weather and ambient temp. Some engines are more fussy than others and require a bit of tweaking every time you run it if the weather/ambient is that different from the last.

Nitro is pretty dependent on weather and ambient temp. Some engines are more fussy than others and require a bit of tweaking every time you run it if the weather/ambient is that different from the last.

LOL...that is one of the reasons why I dont really like to get into engine tuning advice ,among other reasons ,never know what
the other eliments are ,but yea ,that is also a factor an a great tip!...:thumbs-up:

It’s been quite some time since I was into nitro but by the sound of it I’m going to say your low speed Needle is too lean bring it out as in (unscrew) a little Nip at a time until hope fully you get a good pull off, equally you can the opposite way and end up too rich on the bottom end then I will be smoky and croaky/spluttery or even stall. Best thing is if your unsure try making the screw flush with the carb body